Zakopane Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Zakopane

• eMGeographer's Profile Photo

Gospoda Polska Kolibecka: Mhm....yummy :)

by eMGeographer Written May 30, 2013

I love the restaurant because:
    - they have home-like food,
    - nice atmosphere - the place is very cozy,
    - it is close to the mountains - you can go there after hiking or skiing in Kasprowy area,
    - you never leave it hungry :)
    - it is not expensive.

Please, be careful - dishes are huge! If you order soup, second dish and dessert - it is almost impossible to eat it ;) Even tea is big ;)

*Menu is in Polish, English and Russian

Favorite Dish: Hot apple pye
    Beetroot soup wit croquette
    Dumplings

• suvanki's Profile Photo

Pstrag Gorski: Fresh Fish a speciality!

by suvanki Written Jul 29, 2010

We read about this place in both Lonely Planet and Rough Guide-recommended for its fish- grilled trout/salmon and sea fish!
    This is a self -service restaurant, but not as we know it!!!!

to be continued....
    Open Daily 09.00 - 22.00 hrs

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo

Find a traditional Highlander restaurant

by Pawtuxet Written Jun 28, 2009

Gosia and I ducked into a cozy little restaurant which served traditional Highlander style foods, and the wait staff dressed in native costumes. The day was chilly with rain threatening ... as it had for days, on and off. We welcomed the hearty fare and hot tea. Our server was very attentive and a couple of them tried hard to find information about the gallery we were searching for. Somehow my travels are always more interesting when I am looking for someone or something in Poland. The Polish nature is to go to almost any length to be helpful, and it helps you to become better acquainted with local people.
    I'm sure there are several traditional restaurants along the busy "strip" in Zakopane, and I would urge you to try one of them as opposed to less interesting or nourishing "fast foods" on the street.

• Skiing and Boarding
    • Mountain Climbing

• alyf1961's Profile Photo

GRECKI RODOS: DELICIOUS

by alyf1961 Updated Feb 26, 2009

GRECKI RODOS

One of the surprises I had in Poland was the number of kebab [gyros] restaurants. The kebabs were delicious and were filled with chicken or lamb, salad, chilli sauce and a type of marie rose sauce…delicious.

Favorite Dish: The kebabs looked so good we tried both the chicken and the lamb.....both were delicious.

• alyf1961's Profile Photo

MCDONALDS: I'M LOVIN IT

by alyf1961 Updated Feb 26, 2009

mcdonalds

Local food is nice to try but at some point in your holiday, it is nice to have something familiar. The food at Poland’s McDonalds is the same as elsewhere but the strawberry milkshakes were absolutely delicious, you could really taste the strawberries.

Favorite Dish: McChicken sandwich with strawberry milkshake.

• Jawnuta's Profile Photo

all over Zakopane: Sniff out your restaurant

by Jawnuta Updated Nov 9, 2008

one of local outdoor restaurants on Krupowki

Food in Zakopane is almost always good. Just walk around and look what other people have on their plates.
    Don't go to places that don't look right or don't smell right.
    Zakopane is known from good food and no matter where you are coming from you will be able to recognize good restaurant.
    Good tip if you like to eat late at night is to choose restaurant with live local music. There is nothing better than biting on baked trout or roasted ribs when listening to Gorale (mountain people) playing their native music.
    We went to several restaurants on Kropowki and we were never disappointed.

Favorite Dish: We liked fish in Seafood restaurant located on Krupowki.

Pstrag Górski (Restauracja nad Potokiem), ul. Krupówki 6 A, tel. 018-20-641-63

It was very inexpensive, self service, but the fish was really good and there was always nice table for us. You could mix and match your dishes to your liking.

This restaurant was also very nice.

Gazdowo Kuznia, ul. Krupówki 1, tel. 018-20-172-01

We had some trout, pork ribs, and some other smaller dishes. Everything was delicious and they had live music. It was nice, large restaurant, with tables outside as well and fantastic decoration. We really liked atmosphere when the restaurant was full of people and music was playing. Service was also fantastic (very friendly).

• bankowskiboy's Profile Photo

Roosters: America comes to poland

by bankowskiboy Written Oct 29, 2006

no plate

We came back down from the mountain feeling a little pekish,roosters was the place we chose to eat,none of our party of 6 got starters,just the main course.i had steak with fries plus salad,my brother got the large platter which is the main picture,ribs,chicken wings,steak.

Favorite Dish: steak.

• zaffaran's Profile Photo

U Sliwy: Local food 2

by zaffaran Written Oct 8, 2006

In fact this restaurant is not located in Zakopane but in Chocholow, which is easily accessible from Zakopane by bus or by mini bus. It's worth paying a visit because of many reasons - very good and not pricy food, good atmosphere, because of local people (not only tourists) visiting it.

Favorite Dish: I've tried pierogi("dumplings"), potato pancakes with chopped meat in sauce, and other.Everything was yummy!

Grill Bar u Michny Zapraszamy: Cafe on Gubalowka

by barryg23 Written Sep 26, 2006

Cafe Entrance

There are plenty of cafes and restaurants on Gubalowka Hill. We stopped at one of these, which had a nice terrace overlooking the town and the mountains, for a quick drink, a pack of crisps and a game of cards. The food and drink here was very good value.

Restaurant Swarna

by barryg23 Written Sep 25, 2006

Restaurant Swarna

After a great day hiking in the Tatras we were exhausted and very wet when we got back to Zakopane. We went back to the hotel, had a quick sleep, and then went out for dinner. We didn't really have the energy to look around too much so we chose the first place we found.

We were enticed into Swarna by the 13 Zl menu offer outside but we mustn't have read the small print as this was only offered at lunchtime. Nevermind - it all worked out reasonably cheap in the end at 45 Zl and it was quite a nice meal.

I tired Beetroot Borsch for starter, followed by pork and chips for main course while Ruth had steak with egg. The food was nice and the beers were even better. It was our last night in Poland and I was really going to miss my Zywiec and Okocim.

Restaurant Zbojecka

by barryg23 Updated Sep 25, 2006

Locals dancing in Zbojecka

After we returned from Gubalowka it had started to rain heavily so we didn't waste time trying to find somewhere to eat. We chose Zbojecka, a cellar level restaurant/bar/night-club with folk music, a nice menu and a cosy atmosphere.

The food was nice but not amazing. Ruth had Goulash for starter which contained what she first thought was pasta but which turned out to be pieces of tripe. I was glad I had chosen tomato soup!

Our mains were pork and veal, both very nice, and we washed it all down with a couple of Zywiec beers. It was a good value meal at 30 Zloty in total for everything.

• Gazdowo Kuznia: Delicious Traditional Food

by sillysaffa Written May 26, 2006

The restaurant is conviently located at the very beginning of the main street. The staff are friendly and dressed in traditional outfits.
    It has a great atmosphere with wooden decor and dimly lit with a real wood fire. In the evenings they have a traditional highland band which are very entertaining and you have the option of sitting outside or inside.
    The best thing though is the food! This restaurant has the best tradtional food that I tasted all holiday. I loved it so much that I changed my Rehersal dinner from the Pension to the restaurant instead.

Favorite Dish: All their food is excellent - As crazy as it sounds ... Try the Pig's feet.
    For two sharing .... definately go for the 'Goralsko Juzyna dlo dwok ', a local grill with all types of meat and salad. Quite steep at ZLN 75 .... but worth it!!!! I didnt think meat could be so tender!

• Hiking and Walking
    • Skiing and Boarding

• aroundtheglobe's Profile Photo

Mc Donalds, KFC, Pizza Hut: You don't have to miss FastFood!

by aroundtheglobe Written Apr 30, 2006

Even though when abroad, I always try the local cuisine, I'm happy to have some food I know! Big fastfood chains let me feel like home at least a little bit! I was surprised to see KFC, MC and Pizza Hut in such a tiny town like Zakopane! I have to admit that I was very happy to have some Restaurants there where I could be sure to get the same food as at home;-)

• acemj's Profile Photo

Restaurant at Mt. Kasprowy Wierch: Great views

by acemj Updated Oct 29, 2005

If you visit Mt. Kasprowy Wierch, there's a good chance you'll stop here. The chalet style interior has photos of many famous visitors, most of whom are famous skiers. They have pizza, some local food and of course a full selection of beverages to warm you up. I had a cup of borscht and a some tea and just enjoyed the views.

• acemj's Profile Photo

Karczma Zapiecek: Rustic atmosphere

by acemj Updated Oct 29, 2005

When I first walked into this place and noticed the three man folk group performing in the corner, it struck me as a bit touristy. It goes a little over the top with the folky themes as you can see from the picture, but everyone in here was speaking Polish and the food was great, so I wouldn't hesitate in recommending the place.

Favorite Dish: To start out, I had a cup of Borscht, which I think was actually my first taste of the famous beetroot soup in Poland. It was delicious and perfect for the chilly evening. For only 4 zl, it was also a good bargain. After the Borscht, I had a decent pork steak and a beer and the whole thing was under 30 zl.

Instant Answers: Zakopane

Comments

Zakopane Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Zakopane restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Zakopane sightseeing.