American Cuisine, Warsaw

• micas_pt's Profile Photo

Hard Rock Cafe: Try the local hamburger

by micas_pt Written Mar 18, 2011

Ul. Zlota and Hard Rock Cafe

Traveling with a child who thinks he is already a teenager and wants to "be cool" means you sometimes have dinner at the least typical restaurant in town. Meaning, Hard Rock Cafe. :)

We arrived in Warsaw late afternoon, after traveling by train from Krakow. After we checked in at the hotel, it was already dark and very cold (probably below 0ºC, which feels very cold for someone living in warmer Lisbon). Upon arrival, the hotel kindly offered us the "In Your Pocket" Guide and Map. The map had a coupon for a 10% discount and the youngster immediately noticed the Hard Rock logo. The restaurant is situated near the hotel, on the Zlota Tarasy Shopping Centre by Warszawa Centralna Station.

Once there I ordered the local hamburger: apart from the usual, which is the same worldwide - hamburger, bread and french fries - the Pole typical one also comes with: mushrooms, bacon and a potato pancake and a sweet sauce made of berries jam. It was very tasty.

What I liked most about this Hard Rock is that service is good and not tourist oriented: unlike Prague and Krakow, I found the waiter quiet honest, helpful but without being way too much helpful, …

The Apple Cobbler and the ribs are probably the biggest we have ever had in any Hard Rock.

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo

Jeff's American Restaurant: Get a burger and a beer

by Pawtuxet Updated Aug 27, 2006

My friends and I decided to explore the new mall on the outskirts of the city... the Galeria Mall. We wandered all three levels for a while and decided on an American meal for our supper that night. We had enormous American cheeseburgers with french fries and a pitcher of beer. They loved it. It was really quite like an American restaurant... filled with memorabilia and American music playing on the juke box. Fun. My buddy, Peter, was especially happy to enjoy this atmosphere with his American buddy. Guess everybody loves these terribly unhealthy fattening meals. We call if "comfort food". :-)

• Beer Tasting

• Tripack's Profile Photo

Champions Sports Bar: All Sports Bar

by Tripack Updated Jul 26, 2005

Good spot to hang out if you will watch your favourite sport on TV (34 TVs around) or play dart, pool game. You could enjoy an American snack as huge burgers, wings or ribs with french fries and unlimited ketchup. This bar is decorated with signed shorts, balls, boxing gloves… and you could keep an eye on the preparation of your meal thanks to an open kitchen.

Staff was very efficient and friendly. This place is also child friendly with special kids meal, drawing sets and free ballons available.

Favorite Dish:

Happy hour at week-end (50cl Zywiec = 6 PLZ) and special on the beer of the month (Foster’s 33cl = 8 PLZ).

• bryINpoland's Profile Photo

Champions Sports Bar: I need American Football!!!

by bryINpoland Updated Mar 21, 2005

One of the first things that i wanted to know about Warsaw, before i even moved here was "Where can i watch American football games?" Lucky for me i found a place that doenst show all the games but atleast one or two.

Champions isnt the best sports bar i have ever been to by far, but its the only place in Warsaw that i can find that shows American football games on Sundays. I am a big 49er fan, and always need to be updated with the latest scores and highlights.

Champions is a pretty good size bar, and it is never really to busy unless there is a big European football game on.

* Please feel free to rate this travel tip, or any of my travel tips. I am always looking to improve them. Thank you...

Favorite Dish: My favorite dish is the wings with extra ranch dressing. Thats my favorite dish at most sports bars. They arent the best wings, but i need wings while watching the big game...

• Spa and Resort