Cafe's, Warsaw

• micas_pt's Profile Photo

Coffeeheaven: Coffeehouse

by micas_pt Written Mar 18, 2011

By the castle and St Anne's church

Both my husband and I love to drink a good expresso. We drink several expressos a day, and expresso coffee in Portugal is similar to the Italian one: small and very strong. When we travel we miss our expressos but nowadays there are coffeehouses in most major cities, where you may enjoy expressos, cappuccinos and all that sort of coffees and teas with good quality. Warsaw is no exception to this. The first coffee shop we came across after leaving hotel in the morning was Coffeeheaven in Al. Jerozolimskie next block from our hotel. We tried the expresso and it was very good (6,50 zl each, March 2011). So we came back the next days. :)

While walking in historic centre we also came across other Coffeeheaven shops; having had a good experience with the one in Al. Jerozolimskie, we also tried the one by the castle, and it didn't disappoint us, although it was much busier and service was not as good as the one we had already been to.

I'd recommend Coffeeheaven for expressos, cappuccinos, cafe latte, tea and all those sorts of drinks.

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo

short stop...quiet cafe

by Pawtuxet Written Aug 27, 2006

We stopped for a cold drink and to kill a little time before an appointment. I find that the Poles are very accomodating in that they never seem to mind if you come in for a simple drink and a bit of a rest. No pressure to spend more money. This little jazz cafe is in a neighborhood strip mall or group of stores quite near my friend's flat. It was a pleasant and convenient place to do several things including lunch, post office, manicure, clothes shopping....and the like.

• Kinia's Profile Photo

Telimena Cafe: for the evening

by Kinia Written Mar 27, 2006

It's a quiet little place with tea, cofee, some alcohol drinks and sweets. The interior is very nice and romantic. Altohught there is not too many things on the menu I liked it. Nice place to spend evening chatting with friends.

• cheekykev's Profile Photo

Cafe Kultura: As a cafe should be

by cheekykev Updated Sep 26, 2004

Kultura is a cafe where you can idle away a bit of time any hour of the day. Pop in for lunch, for a quick enlivening coffee early doors, or for a few Mad Dogs in the evening . The music is a mix of classical and jazz (no fusion nonsense - just classics). The contemporary decor is finely complemented by a photography exhibition which changes every month - think Man Ray and Edward Steichen.

Favorite Dish: My favourite thing is a simple espresso - but that isn't to say the food isn't scrumdiddlyumptious - I've only tried the cakes and biscuits (ask for something with cinnamon if you're not sure) but they're great too and all home-made.

Instant Answers: Warsaw