Been here? Rate It!
Church of St. Casimir
St. Casimir’s church was built as a commemoration of Jan Sobieski victory against Turks in end of 17th century. Actually during Second World War it was working as a war hospital, but bombing in 1944 destroyed church both with its patients.
After Second World War church it was fully rebuilt as many of buildings in Warsaw.
This church is very similar to Liskiava monastery church in Lithuania, just that one is alone on the hill near Nemunas river.
The Church of St Casimir
This church is a Roman Catholic church in Warsaw's New Town at Rynek Nowego Miasta 2 (New Town Market Place, no. 2).
The Church was originally the Kotowski Palace, residence of Adam Kotowski. In 1688 Queen Maria Kazimiera Sobieska bought it and had it transformed into a church to serve the Benedictine Sisters of Perpetual Adoration of the Most Holy Sacrament, whom she had brought to Poland. In World War II, during the Warsaw Uprising, St. Kazimierz was used as a hospital and was a target for heavy bombing by the Germans . During a raid on August 31, 1944, four priests, 36 nuns and over a thousand civilians sheltering in the church's crypt were killed . The church was completely destroyed but was reconstructed in 1947-53.
- Religious Travel
- Road Trip
Church of Saint Casimir (Iglesia de S. Casimiro)
Church of Saint Casimir is in the New Town Square. Was buit at the end of XVII Century and belong to The Sisters of the Blessed Sacrament. John III Sobieski´s wife Queen Maria Kazimiera ordered built it according the design by Tylman Van Gameren, to express her gratitude for the victory over the Turkish in Vienna in 1683.
La iglesia de San Casimiro se encuentra en la Plaza de la Ciudad Nueva. Fue construida a fines del Siglo XVII y pertenece a las Hermanas de la Orden del Sacramento. Su constructor fue el arquitecto Tylman de Gameren y se ejecuto gracias a los donativos de la Reina Maria Casimira para expresar su gratitud por la victoria frente a los turcos en Viena en 1683.
St Casimir's Church - New Town
Located on the east side of the New Town Square, St Casimir's Church was founded in about 1688 by King Jan III Sobieski andQueen Maria Kazimiera. The interior was once decorated by colorful frescoes but is now plain white. Behind the church is a garden that has remained virtually unchanged since the 17th century.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
Warsaw Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Capas Hotels
- Elihu Island Hotels
- Porto Cristo
- Southern Thailand
- Pasongtamo Hotels
- Petra Hotels