Pickpockets, Warsaw

• Pickpockets
    by Dirim
  • Avoid Bus 175 from Airport - Gang attack

by as10043 Updated Sep 28, 2011

Date of incident 25th Sept. 2011: I took Bus 175 from Warsaw Airport to city centre. Upon arrival in the main central square, 3 men attacked me on the bus, one pulling my hand luggage off my hand the other one tried to reach my wallet in the same time. There was no reaction or help from the passengers and as soon as I managed to put the thieves off, all three scattered to different directions empty handed. The driver was indifferent too and drove off as soon as I got off the bus. I informed the Police who came to the Hotel Lobby. Police did not file any report nor asked any specific questions about the attackers before living the hotel. The thieves were wearing smart suits and about 40 to 50 years old (beware they may not look like stereotype pickpockets). Do not accept any offer of help no matter how heavy your luggage is. My Polish friends have heard about similar incidents on BUS 175 and there are some reports on the internet. Pickpockets are found in almost all big cities but gang attack on a public bus mid-day and right in the city centre is alarming.

• Business Travel

• Dirim's Profile Photo

The Line 175

by Dirim Written Jan 9, 2005

It takes you to the Airport. And it is famous because of the pickpockets. I never experienced that.

(the photo is taken when I was waiting for the bus 175 in Warsaw)

Fun Alternatives: Take care of your goods, and try to go there not late at night

Instant Answers: Warsaw