Trains, Warsaw

Know about this? Rate It!

S3 train at Warszawa Centralna station
    Train at Chopin Airport train station
  • Departure information at Chopin Airport station
    Departure information at Chopin Airport...
  • ZiOOlek's Profile Photo

Warszawa Centralna

by ZiOOlek Written Nov 20, 2005

Central Warsaw Train Station

Warszawa Centralna Railway Station is not nice at all. Just have a look at the building! Anyway, there are lots of shops, cafes etc. underground. You can also eat some fast food there. I recommend to be earlier to buy a train ticket as there are long queues and you may be late.

• acemj's Profile Photo

Train

by acemj Updated Nov 20, 2005

I took a train from Warszawa Centralna station to Torun and this is one of the main hubs for long distance train travel. It's easy to find right next to the Palace of Culture and Science. The ticket windows here are operated by Polish speaking employees, so if you don't know how to ask for a ticket in Polish, I'd suggest having someone at the information booth write it down for you and take that with you to the window to avoid a miscommunication.

• acemj's Profile Photo

Frederic Chopin Airport

by acemj Updated Nov 20, 2005

Warsaw's international aiport is small for a city of its size, however, upon arrival, I had no problem getting through customs and finding the correct bus to take me into the city. I went straight to an ATM and got some cash, but there are also currency exchange counters here if you prefer to use their services. You'll also find a tourist information booth in the international arrivals hall. To get into the city, I located the Ruch news shop and purchased a bus ticket (2.40 zl) for bus #175.

On my way out of Warsaw, I arrived well over 2 hours early and I still barely made my flight. It was absolutely ridiculous how underequipped this airport was. They only had two security screening devices and the lines were insane! Be sure you come VERY early when you are leaving Warsaw.

• DPando's Profile Photo

Central Train Station

by DPando Updated Nov 8, 2005

Located beneath the huge tower building that rules the city ... quite easy to to buy the tickets and get to the platform.. really intuitive. There are a enough cops to make you feel so safety
    You can travel from this station to any other polish destination and abroad

we had some doubts at first moment which cue we had to take,but doesnt mind, anyone is right to buy the ticket to Krakow or anywhere.

• elPierro's Profile Photo

Connections by Train

by elPierro Written Sep 2, 2005

Warszawa Centralna, is the main trainstation of Warsaw. As Poland is not the richest country in Europe, trains are a popular meaning of transport instead of taking the place.Tthere are a lot of international train connections at hand.

A selection to destinations:
    Berlin Lichtenberg, DE (1x daily, 8hrs)
    Berlin Zoo, DE (3x daily, 6hrs)
    Bratislava, SK (2x daily, 8hrs)
    Budapest, HU (2x daily, 10hrs)
    Kiev, UR (2x daily 15hrs/17hrs)
    Minsk, BR (3x daily, 9hrs, 1 daily train leaves from Warsaw Wschodnia station)
    Moscow, RU (2x daily + 3x weekly, long ride, 1 daily train leaves from Warsaw Wschodnia station)
    Prague, (3x daily, 8hrs)
    St Petersburg, RU (1x daily, long ride)
    Vienna, AT (3x daily, 7hrs)

Also several fast trains to Gdansk, Gdynia, Poznan, Wroclaw, Katowice and Krakow leave from Warsaw, frequency is several trains a day.

• filipdebont's Profile Photo

Train to Krakow

by filipdebont Updated May 16, 2005

in the train

So I arrived in Warsaw on time (9h50), and as luggage and passport handling went so quick, I was outside the airport building in no time. Then a short ride by taxi, so arrived at Warszawa Centralna around 10h20.

A had a train at 12h05 towards Krakow. So plenty of time to look around. I also went outside the train station, and from there I could already see my hotel for the last night of my Poland trip (Hotel Metropol). From here I also could admire the big building of the Palace of Culture and Science.

So the train from Warsaw to Krakow:
    - Warszawa Centralna - Krakow Glowny
    - travelling time : 2h55
    - travelling distance : 292 km
    - price : 85 zl.

• Trains

• Train from Krakow

by The_Global_Penguins Written Apr 21, 2004

I arrived on the train from Krakow, there are 3 trains of varied speed - 5hrs, 3,5hrs and 2,5hrs. I fell asleep but I'm sure the countryside was nice. The important thing is to get off at Warszawa Centralna, this is the slightly underground train station bang in the middle of Warsaw. Apparently many a tourist has been caught jumping off at Wschodnia or another near by station.... so make sure you get the right one.

The train station itself is pretty safe, there are a few people trying to con you into giving them money for a train home aka drugs. Just say nye, no or ignore them.

• M.E.R.V's Profile Photo

Trains

by M.E.R.V Updated Nov 18, 2003

get your snacks out!

The fares I quote here are based on how much we paid for the individual journeys.
    Krakow - Warsaw = 63.50zl(2hrs40mins)
    Warsaw - Prague = 206.50zl(about 10hrs)
    These are one way fares on 2nd class with a seat only. It isn't really necessary to get a sleeper on night trains, we got a cabin to ourselves entirely which made our journey so much more comfortable. You only have to be early to secure a seat. Don't start trotting in only when the train is about to leave!
    And don't bother visiting that website www.raileurope.com it is a bloody rip off. You are better off buying your tickets off the station itself!

• M.E.R.V's Profile Photo

Warsaw Central

by M.E.R.V Updated Nov 18, 2003

You will arrive in Warsaw Central station if you come by train, well, we did at least! The station was gigantic, but clean and has an underground passage lined with lotsa shops leading to different exits which really confused us when we first arrived, we didn't know which exit to take, especially when there were so many people around! And I wouldn't really advise hanging around the station late at night, this is when you start noticing dodgy people around asking you for change and fags. Bloody annoying!

• cheekymarieh's Profile Photo

Take A Train

by cheekymarieh Written Dec 29, 2002
    Warsaw suburbs train

The main rail station in the city is Warsaw Central. It lies on al. Jerozolimskie. From here you can find rail connections to many major European cities and also to many cities and towns within Poland.

• Marcin75's Profile Photo

TO and FROM Warsaw by TRAIN

by Marcin75 Updated Sep 11, 2002

Warsaw has few big railway stations. The most well known is the Central Station - almost all long distance trains go through it. Just 200 meters east of it the Srodmiescie Station serves local trains going in east-west and south directions. Warsaw Commuter Railway is located just 100 meters west of the Central Station.
    Dworzec Wschodni (Eastern Station) is located in Praga district. All westbound trains originating from Warsaw start their journey there. Dworzec Zachodni (Western Station) serves the same purpose for the eastbound trains and may be important for those who want to change train for a long distance or international bus (the biggest bus terminal is there). Not all trains stop at Zachodni. Other stations include Dworzec Gdanski (north of the centre), where you can take a suburban train to the north and Dworzec Wilenski (in the centre of Praga district) serving commuters travelling to the north-east.
    The train schedule is posted in many places on each station, you can check it also on the internet (http://bahn.hafas.de - for the whole Europe). Tickets for any destination in Poland can be purchased on any station as well as in many travel agencies in the city.

• kenbac's Profile Photo

My visit to Warsaw part of a...

by kenbac Written Aug 25, 2002

My visit to Warsaw part of a trip incorporating Berlin, Warsaw, Krakow and back to Berlin.
    I travelled from Berlin by train. The service was provided by PKP, the Polish Railways. I booked and paid for my tickets in Dublin before travelling, which was helpful. The Train was fine but not up to DB standards. The journey took 5 ½ hours, but I like train travel so it was ok. There was a restaurant car but the food was a little disappointing. The beer (Polish) was good. You could pay in Polish Zlotys or Deutsche Marks but the prices charged were definitely Polish. So off to a good start.
    When we got to Warsaw it was raining so we took a taxi to our Hotel. It was quite a short journey and I paid £ Ir 4. When we were leaving the Hotel booked our taxi and the return trip cost me
    £ Ir 2. I think I might have been subjected to the taxi rip-off.

• ania70pl's Profile Photo

Centralny Station

by ania70pl Written Nov 26, 2002

This is the main and the biggest train station in Warsaw - Dworzec Centralny. It's in the centre of the city so if you come to Warsaw by train it's the best place to leave.

• John_P_LSU's Profile Photo

Warsaw's Centralna Train...

by John_P_LSU Written Sep 12, 2002

Warsaw's Centralna Train Station is quite adequate. I departed Poland by train to Berlin from there.
    Taxi, trolley, car.