Bus no 175, Warsaw

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo

ZTM ticket inspectors

by HORSCHECK Updated Jan 16, 2005

ZTM tickets Warsaw

Ticket inspectors are seen quite often on the public transport in Warsaw; so make sure to always have a validated ticket. The ticket inspectors are dressed casual and often work in pairs, especially on the popular lines (e.g. bus No. 175 to and from the airport). My ticket was checked just 3 mins after I boarded the bus from the airport. Luckily I had a validated ticket ... :o)

• Trains

• adin's Profile Photo

Special attention - bus 175

by adin Updated Dec 30, 2004

Its route - from the airport to the city center and the Old Town - makes it especially attractive for thieves. Keep your luggage close to you, don't leave it by the door when you sit down several yards away.
    Otherwise, it is a very useful line, very convenient for going around.

• tips of handling bus 175

by scorpanog Written Jan 4, 2011

this is the bus that will take you from airport to the city.
    * first when you are the airport and need to take the bus get a ticket from a machine next to the bus stop. it's a single fare zone 1. costs 2.8 zl. get two tickets since you will need to come back to the airport. buses are going like every 10 mins and extremely precise, so if you missed one don't worry. I strongly suggest getting return ticket right away, especially if you don't speak polish, since buying from the driver might not be a good idea, and kiosks are not on every stop.

* as soon as you get on the bus locate yellow controller box and put your ticket there. if you inserted it wrong the box will beep otherwise it will print a date and time and return you the ticket.

* now the interesting part. DO NOT stand in the bus you will increase your changes of being robbed. ** put your valet and passport in your front pockets, preferable with zippers or something that will restrict access to its content,
    ** keep your bags close and in front of you
    ** and sit down (this is a big one). standing is not a good idea

on my way back I witnessed a korean guy got robbed: the bus came to a stop, so he lost balance and moved, some people got off the bus and a minute later he realized that his wallet was gone. I am not sure if he still got his passport, but the wallet was gone. it was a classic case as described in some postings on this site. I was sitting both ways and all my papers and my wallet was in a jacket pocket with a zipper.
    * I did not get to meet the controller guys, but had my ticket cancelled right away.
    * it takes about 30-35 mins for the bus to get to the final stop. it uses a separate lane so traffic does not slow it down, it moves with constant speed.

• Avoid Bus 175 from Airport - Gang attack

by as10043 Written Oct 5, 2011

Date of incident 25th Sept. 2011: I took Bus 175 from Warsaw Airport to city centre. Upon arrival in the main central square, 3 men attacked me on the bus, one pulling my hand luggage off my hand the other one tried to reach my wallet in the same time. There was no reaction or help from the passengers and as soon as I managed to put the thieves off, all three scattered to different directions empty handed. The driver was indifferent too and drove off as soon as I got off the bus. I informed the Police who came to the Hotel Lobby. Police did not file any report nor asked any specific questions about the attackers before living the hotel. The thieves were wearing smart suits and about 40 to 50 years old (beware they may not look like stereotype pickpockets). Do not accept any offer of help no matter how heavy your luggage is. My Polish friends have heard about similar incidents on BUS 175 and there are some reports on the internet. Pickpockets are found in almost all big cities but gang attack on a public bus mid-day and right in the city centre is alarming.

Read more: http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel/Europe/Poland/Wojewodztwo_Mazowieckie/Warsaw-468976/Transportation-Warsaw-Buses-BR-1.html#ixzz1ZvAjInNl

• Bus Ticket Inspectors - Frauds.

by Bobchik Written Apr 12, 2007

1st visit to Poland. We got the train to Krackow and got a taxi to the hotel. Next day we thought we'd get a, early morning bus into Krackow, we boarded the bus and offered the drivers our fares as per our UK custom. He saw the money and knew we wtd tickets but pretended he didn't understand what we wanted - as if the money being offered TO HIM wasn't clear enough. Other passengers were unhelpful. The bus started and the driver could be seen on a radio speaking to someone, my instincts told me he was speaking about us and "was planning something". I was right and a mile or so up the road 2 inspectors got on the bus and "came straight to us". To cut it short we each got fined $25 dollars each for having no tickets. I should have refused to pay them and asked for the Police to be called. They knew we were 1st timers, unsure, and they were practising a well rehearsed and easy con. This incident reflects badly on the whole of Poland. The driver was there look out man, and it was a trick.

• Seniors

• gzal's Profile Photo

Take care of your luggage on 175 from the airport

by gzal Updated Jul 2, 2004

As you get off the plane and head downtown on public transportation make sure that you take care of your belongings when you are on 175 bus that heads downtown.

And always make sure that you have your tickets validated for your trip.

• Business Travel

• gale.blog.pl's Profile Photo

by gale.blog.pl Written May 10, 2003

Bus 175

Its route seems perfect - from the airport to the Old Town. Yes, it IS perfect - for pickpockets. You should never travel by this bus. It's the place where most of Warsaw's pickpockets work :(

Instant Answers: Warsaw