U. S. Embassy
Never, ever, take a photograph of the U. S. Embassy. You may be arrested and have your film confiscated. It may be wise to keep the building out of your line of sight. This is based on first-hand experience.
: if you are in a crowded...
: if you are in a crowded place don t get angry if anybody hits you while walking. This is not something against you, it s their way to be, try not to fight for that, avoid problems and customize to that situation.
The area around the train...
The area around the train station and the horrifically ugly Palace of Culture and Science (a gift from Stalin to the Polish people) is fairly rancid and rather dodgy at night. For some unknown reason, this is where Marriott and other Western hotel chains have built their skyscapers. I don't recommend spending much time around here. If you're visiting Warsaw, stay in the Old Town instead. You'll be much happier
Warsaw uneven paths
In Warsaw the footpaths seem to need a lot of repairs doing to them. If you are driving watch out for potholes in the roads.
DANGER! Total Exhaustion Possible
This guy could be missing something spectacular right now. :-) Be sure to pace yourself, drink lots of bottled water, wear comfortable shoes, and get proper rest.Related to:
- Budget Travel
- Road Trip
Occasional Car Bombs
It seems that there has been a car bomb in Warsaw on Monday 3rd September 2001. My brother has sent me a photo of the incident taken from his apartment window.
Bring a tripod for night...
Bring a tripod for night photos, a trash can or wall does not always do the trick. ;) Also, avoid the Currency Express, at ul Swietojanska 15, as it charges a 10% commision!
Latest Warsaw Hotel Reviews
- Le Royal Meridien Bristol
- Excellent (4.5 out of 5.0) 21 Reviews
- Holiday Inn
- Very Good (3.5 out of 5.0) 4 Reviews
- Sheraton Warsaw Hotel
- Excellent (4.5 out of 5.0) 6 Reviews
- Hotel Jan III Sobieski
- Very Good (3.5 out of 5.0) 9 Reviews
- Marriott Warsaw
- Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 8 Reviews
- Polonia Palace
- Excellent (4.5 out of 5.0) 9 Reviews
- Airport Hotel Okecie
- Very Good (3.5 out of 5.0) 1 Review
- Novotel Waszawa Centrum
- Good (3.0 out of 5.0) 10 Reviews
- Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews
- Castle Inn
- Excellent (4.5 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews
- Official Site
- Travelocity Official Site
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
Explore the World
- Seaside Hotels
- Marco Island
- State of Kerala Hotels
- Qatar Hotels
- Clearfield Junction Hotels
- Areas to avoid
- Doha Warnings and Dangers
- Essaouira Warnings and Dangers
- Dubai Warnings and Dangers
- Suva Warnings and Dangers
- Mauritius Warnings and Dangers
- Baton Rouge Warnings and Dangers
- Bali Warnings and Dangers
- Bermuda Warnings and Dangers
- Naples Warnings and Dangers
- Cuenca Warnings and Dangers
- Madagascar Warnings and Dangers