Czestochowa Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Czestochowa

• suryhalai's Profile Photo

Diwa: If you want Indian

by suryhalai Written May 4, 2009

It was a surprise to find an Indian restaurant in this small city, it served Indian and also Polish food. Inside it is very nicely decorated with a touch of Indian history. The service was very good as they spoke English so communicating was not a problem. The food i ordered was actually as good as he restaurants i go to in London, i ordered Jeera chicken for starters which was good followed by a fish masala, i must say the fish was great !!!!!
    I spoke to the owner who is Indian and he told me his story on why he opened this restaurant.

Favorite Dish: The Fish masala !!!!! GREAT !!!!!!

• Business Travel

• Diwa (Previously Temida): Best Indian in Town!

by shanta1 Written Mar 29, 2009

I was dying for an Indian when I was visiting Czestochowa and a friend recommended a restaurant called Diwa. I was a bit dubious about having an Indian in Poland since I wasn't sure what the food would be like, but thought - why not! The restaurant was a little hidden away in the street but we eventually found it in D¹browskiego 8 near a fabulous ice cream place. The restaurant had such a nice warm atmosphere about it, very calming. A waitress told me the restaurant was owned by an Indian man which made me feel a bit better! The menu had both Polish and Indian food which was good because we had a couple of polish friends with us who had never tried Indian food before. We a little worried that the service would be bad because there was a party going on in the downstairs party room, but we needn't have. The service was very good.

Favorite Dish: Our Polish friends ordered some traditional polish food whilst myself and 2 others ordered Indian. We ordered Onion and Potato bhajis and meat samosas for starters which were absolutely delicious! Better than the ones I've tasted in the UK! We also ordered chicken korma, Mandvi fish and buttered chicken with some very different nan bread. They had been deep fried and so tasty we had to order more. They were called 'butturas'. All the dishes were delicious. We even managed to convince our Polish friends to try the food and they were suitably impressed too. They told us they would definitely go back and take their own friends too. We definitely recommend this restaurant! Well worth a try.

• tmsznowak's Profile Photo

Zorba: Greek pizza in Częstochowa

by tmsznowak Updated Aug 30, 2007

On of my favourite pizza places in Częstochowa. Thin crust pizza served in Zorba is simply delicious. It is served on wooden plate, one for all. You don't get any personal plates, fork or knife. Pizza is cut int small pieses so you can eat it using hands. Medium pizza is good for two, large one - for 3-4 people.
    Beer and wine are available in Zorba.
    The restaurant is nicely decorated, making you an impression to be in an old dark castle room.
    To get to the restaurant you must knock the door as they are always locked. As far as I know children are not allowed in Zorba.

Favorite Dish: All pizzas are really nice. One of the best in my opinion is quattro fromaggi (Four Cheeses)

• Obak81's Profile Photo

Dom Pielgrzyma: Pilgrims eateria

by Obak81 Written Jul 18, 2007

The entrance

This eateria is located by the end of the back entrance to the monastery it offers OK food at good prices in a calm atmosphere.

The entire complex where the eateria is located is operated by the church.

• Trains

• Obak81's Profile Photo

Bistro on top of the tracks: Second Worst Coffee in my life

by Obak81 Updated Jul 18, 2007
    The bistro

This place serves coffee in an quite alternative way. Namely the differ in as they use coffee that is made for coffee machines with filters, this coffee however is put directly on top of a cup of boiling water where after it really does not dissolve in the cup at all. Instead you get what I personally call the second worst cup of coffee in my life (the worst being some unknown substance they dared to call coffee and that I got on a train from München to Zagreb in 2005).

• Trains

• mauro7791's Profile Photo

Hera SC. Restauracja chiñska: Excellent Chinese restaurant in Czestochowa!

by mauro7791 Written Jun 18, 2006

I really enjoy chinese food so, during my first stay in czestochowa, I managed to check a few of them. I must admit that Hera restaurant was - and still is- the best choice!
    First of all, the place is very cool and exclusive-looking: you have to ring the bell and the staff (all Polish, I haven't seen any Chinese people there) welcomes you taking care of your coat and taking you to your table. Second, the atmosphere is great. The place is divided in small areas where you can have your privacy and...feel a V.I.P ;) and the quality of the service is more then good.
    Third, the food is delicious and it's served in an elegant way - surely not what you expect from a chinese restaurant!

Favorite Dish: I've tried sever dishes and ALL of them were delicious and rich. My favourite choice is Veal with mushrooms that i usually order along with rice with vegetable or shrimps (this one is simply WONDERFUL). The prices are not bad, let's say around 100zl per 2 persons with 2 appetizers, 2 main courses,1 portion of rice and, let's say, 2 beers. They choice of wine is rather wide although they should have more Italian wines (well, according to me, EVERYONE should have more...).

• Business Travel
    • Luxury Travel

• gosiaPL's Profile Photo

many diners and food places: EAT BY THE SANCTUARY

by gosiaPL Updated Nov 26, 2003

If you're making just a return trip, you don't have to go downtown to have some nosh.

There are diners by the parking lot as well as around the sanctuary, so you'll find something suitable for yourself. And inexpensive too!

Also some female convents around the sanctuary offer meals to pilgrims at little money. Just look for signs which read "Obiady" (i.e. lunches).

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo

Viking Restaurant: We stumbled across a good one...

by Pawtuxet Written Dec 12, 2002

We were given such wonderful service. Our guide, Gosia, was there to help us with the language...and led us through some of the local dishes which I could not describe to you now. Everything was wonderful and they treated us to an after dinner drink because they were so happy to have Americans in their restaurant. Delicious and charming.

• tmsznowak's Profile Photo

Cafe Blikle: Something sweet!

by tmsznowak Written Jun 6, 2008

Famous pâtisserie name originally from Warsaw. Variety of polish cakes, donuts etc.

Favorite Dish: Donuts and cheese cakes are my favourite ones but I recommend other things as well.

Instant Answers: Czestochowa

Comments

Czestochowa Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Czestochowa restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Czestochowa sightseeing.