Poznan Restaurants

My sandwich with pork and fries
    by HORSCHECK
  • Restauracja Rooster: Lipton Ice Tea Peach
    Restauracja Rooster: Lipton Ice Tea...
    by HORSCHECK
  • Restaurants
    by bonio

Most Recent Restaurants in Poznan

Pizzeria Trattoria Presto

by HORSCHECK Updated Jul 26, 2009

My small Pizza Presto

Due to a lack of open restaurants over Easter we ate pizza for a second time on this short trip to Poznan.

Presto is a Polish franchise place with locations in Lodz, Plock and Belchatow.

The restaurant is located in a red brick vault, but also has a few tables on the outside terrace.

Beside a wide variety of pizzas, they also offer pasta dishes and other main courses. Their pizzas come in two sizes: Small (30 cm) and big (38 cm).

I decided for a small Pizza Presto (18 Zloty) and a big Tyskie beer (5 Zloty, special deal). Unfortunately, the service was a bit slow and the seats weren't too comfy, but the pizza was tasty and filling.

Post Office Cafe

by HORSCHECK Updated Jul 26, 2009

Inside the Post Office Cafe

The Post Office Cafe seems to be one of the newer additions to Poznan's cafe scene.

The two-storey place has a small room on the ground floor and a much bigger room in the basement. The ground floor room is decorated with Royal Mail equipment from Great Britain such as a red letter box.

A few tables are located outside and offer great views of the Old Market Square. We only drank black tea here, which came in a pot.

Snacks and a selection of cakes are available as well.

Restauracja Rooster

by HORSCHECK Updated Jul 25, 2009

Restauracja Rooster

On our second day we chose the Restaurant Rooster for our midday lunch.

The main reason why we went there, was the fact that its outside terrace was already in the sun, whereas terraces of other restaurants were still in the shade.

Apart from that it offered splendid views of the colourful merchant houses on the Old Market Square.

Rooster is an American style restaurant chain with branches in most bigger Polish cities. They mainly offer popular American dishes, but traditional Polish cuisine can be found on the menu as well.

As it was a sunny warm day the waitresses were dressed in red hot pants, which besides the sunny terrace also attracted the customers.

I ordered a sandwich with pork and fries for 19,90 Zloty and an iced peach tea for 5 Zloty. I must admit that my meal was nothing better than average; in fact it was almost tasteless. However, people obviously come here for the location and the waitresses and not for the food.

Nevertheless the staff was friendly and attentive. So I would go here again, but just for a drink and for the views.

Restauracja Kresowa

by HORSCHECK Updated Jul 25, 2009

Restauracja Kresowa

On our first evening in Poznan we found the Restaurant Kresowa more by chance than on purpose.

As I had read about it in a German guidebook at home, we spontaneously decided to give it a try.

Kresowa translates something like "lost eastern territories" and therefore they mainly serve Belarussian, Lithuanian and Ukrainian dishes.

The interior is equipped with dark wooden furniture and the walls are decorated with old black and white photos of former Polish cities, such as Lviv (nowadays: Ukraine). The ceiling is covered with caricatures of famous Polish people who have eaten here.

The menu is available in English, so I opted for a duck breast with apple pieces (30, 00 Zloty). Side dishes have to be ordered extra, e.g rice costs 4,00 Zloty. To drink I had a pint of local Lech beer (8,00 Zloty).

My meal was very yummy and the staff was friendly. I can really recommend a visit to this traditional restaurant, which to me didn't look like a tourist trap.

Coffeeheaven

by HORSCHECK Updated Jun 14, 2009

Inside Coffeeheaven

As we had some time to kill in the train station when we were waiting for our train to Gniezno, we decided to take a break in the Coffeeheaven Cafe.

We took a seat at the window facing the platforms, which was excellent for some train spotting.

Coffeeheaven is a chain of stylish cafes in Central Europe, including Poland, Czech Republic, Latvia, Bulgaria, Hungary and Slovakia.

They offer a wide range of hot and cold drinks as well as a variety of snacks from sandwiches and salads to cakes and confectionery.

I had a black tea (7 Zloty) and an apple muffin (5,90 Zloty), which was yummy. I especially liked the comfy armchairs and relaxed atmosphere of the place.

Restaurant Sioux Classic

by HORSCHECK Updated Jun 13, 2009

Sioux Classic: My steak dish

Sioux was established in 2003 in Poznan as a Polish chain of country and western style restaurants.

Usually I probably wouldn't go to such a place, but for some reason it was one of the few restaurants which were open over Easter.

Poznan has two Sioux restaurants, which are both located at the Old Market Square (Stary Rynek): Sioux City focuses on steaks, whereas Sioux Classic offers the full variety from typical American and Mexcian food to European cuisine.

We once visited the latter one. The wooden interior is decorated with all kinds of Wild West memorabilia.

All dishes are displayed with a photo in the menu. I opted for western style steak with potatoes and salad. I really can't complain about the food, also I must say that the staff was very friendly. So all in all our visit was better than expected.

Fever Club

by HORSCHECK Updated Jun 13, 2009

Inside Fever Club

The Fever Club is probably more a nightlife venue than a restaurant. However, they are open over lunchtime and have an outside terrace facing the Old Market Square (Stary Rynek).

As many other places were closed over Easter, we once visited the Fever Club for a late lunch.

The inside is decorated in a seventies style with orange walls and bar stools. There is a small dance floor at the back of the place.

To eat they offer a selection of sandwiches and snacks as well as a few main courses. The drink list is of course much longer.

I opted for a Sicilian stuffed chicken breast with baked potatoes and vegetables. The dish was surprisingly tasty and with 19,90 Zloty quite a bargain. Also the staff was very friendly.

Mykonos Grecka Tawerna: Greek food

by xdescendx Updated Jun 10, 2009

This is decent food. It's situated just a few blocks from the stary rynek. The food is good, but nothing special. There's another Greek restaurant that's much better if you crave Greek.

Favorite Dish: I would recommend the Fileto Scharas

• Wine Tasting

Chlopskie Jadlo Restauracje: Pheasant Food

by xdescendx Written Mar 31, 2009
    Entrance

If you're unsure about Polish food and would like to explore (might as well if your'e already there), try this little "pheasant food restaurant" in the old town. It has most Polish favorites and is quite inexpensive. Here, you're served fresh bread ,butter, and smalec (seasoned spreadable pork lard) as a starter. They have a few different local beers on tap and a salad bar. Smacznego!!

Favorite Dish: I wasn't sure about some of the soup, so I got a sampler. They offer a 4 soup choice incase you aren't sure if you like something. I was quite impressed with the Flaki (beef tripe). I wasn't sure if I'd like it, but it ended up being fantastic. I didn't think much about what it was because it was so tasty.

I guess I'd recommend anything here at least once :)

• Work Abroad

Restauracja Grecka Artemis Zakynthos: New even better Greek Restaurant

by xdescendx Updated Mar 31, 2009

The food here is fresh and fantastic. Everything is made to order and the staff is very pleasant. The chef Artemis is extremely friendly and will usually come out to greet the guests, which in my book is a big plus. This restaurant is also priced below most of the restaurants in the area and the food is much better IMO.

Favorite Dish: I liked the grilled seafood platter w/ Prawns, giant prawns, mussles, grilled octopus and calamari.
    If you order anything, please..please..please order the spinach. It is so tasty!!!

• Business Travel

• sihi's Profile Photo

U kibicow na Malcie: Polish beer with juice

by sihi Written Jun 1, 2008

U kibicow na Malcie, Poznan

U kibicow na Malcie (with fans on Malta) is a cafe/pub on Malta lake rest complex. In summer part of cafe is in open air with nice views to lake Malta and Poznan city.

In summer is open 24h.

• Spa and Resort
    • Theme Park Trips
    • Seniors

• alancollins's Profile Photo

KAWIARNIA WERANDA: Charming cafe

by alancollins Written May 6, 2008

If you fancy a change from instant coffee in the Old Town Square give this café a try. Its called Weranda and its just off the Old Town Square. Bags of atmosphere with fresh brewed coffee. I tried a piece of cheese cake. The portion was so large I could barely manage to eat it all. It was garnished with chocolate, almonds, walnuts and sultanas. Not like the usual serving of cheese cake that you get served. The café was run by 2 ladies and at least one of them spoke english. It was a really pleasant and unexpected experience.

• SapineKuu's Profile Photo

Dining alfresco

by SapineKuu Updated Apr 24, 2008

Great Food & Friendly Service

I came across this food stall whilst out walking towards the cathedral. It had a number of hot dishes cooking and all smelt delicious. I opted for a sort of stew perhaps 'gulasz z iagniecia'? It was served with a big piece of bread and was very enjoyable.
    I then visited another stall nearby for a quite potent drink I think called 'Grzane'

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo

Sioux: Steak European Style

by BruceDunning Updated Nov 10, 2007

Front of restaurant

The food was good and the service satisfying. Servers speak enough English to get by, but it helps to know some Polish and point to what you want on the menu. A salad comes with the meals, and I had a soup that was good, also.
    I was told that this is a restaurant chain in some of Europe, and do recall it being a public company trying to expand, unless I am totally mistaken. Could be? Steak is the fare, and cowboy them is popular in Europe. John Wayne pictures are on the walls.

Favorite Dish: Most all they serve is steak and potatoes. The food was rather good, but I chose a higher quality of meat to insure it was not tough and tasteless. It can be that was in some of Europa.

• afowles's Profile Photo

U Przyjaciol: A little art with your coffee

by afowles Written Oct 17, 2005

This is by far the most bohemian place I've encountered in Poznan. The floorboards creak underfoot and the tables are made from antique sewing machines. Pictures of famous authors line the walls.

The cafe doubles as a theatre, so don't be surprised to see a medieval peasant waiting in line at the bathroom.

Caveat: this is not a place for a quick coffee. The staff seems to think that customers need at least 10 minutes to evaluate the menu before they'll come to you.

Favorite Dish: Good cakes. Try the Jablecznik z lodami (apple pie with ice cream).

Instant Answers: Poznan

Comments

Poznan Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Poznan restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Poznan sightseeing.