Poznan Restaurants

My sandwich with pork and fries
    by HORSCHECK
  • Restauracja Rooster: Lipton Ice Tea Peach
    Restauracja Rooster: Lipton Ice Tea...
    by HORSCHECK
  • Restaurants
    by bonio

Best Rated Restaurants in Poznan

Restauracja Grecka Artemis Zakynthos: New even better Greek Restaurant

by xdescendx Updated Mar 31, 2009

The food here is fresh and fantastic. Everything is made to order and the staff is very pleasant. The chef Artemis is extremely friendly and will usually come out to greet the guests, which in my book is a big plus. This restaurant is also priced below most of the restaurants in the area and the food is much better IMO.

Favorite Dish: I liked the grilled seafood platter w/ Prawns, giant prawns, mussles, grilled octopus and calamari.
    If you order anything, please..please..please order the spinach. It is so tasty!!!

Chlopskie Jadlo Restauracje: Pheasant Food

by xdescendx Written Mar 31, 2009

If you're unsure about Polish food and would like to explore (might as well if your'e already there), try this little "pheasant food restaurant" in the old town. It has most Polish favorites and is quite inexpensive. Here, you're served fresh bread ,butter, and smalec (seasoned spreadable pork lard) as a starter. They have a few different local beers on tap and a salad bar. Smacznego!!

Favorite Dish: I wasn't sure about some of the soup, so I got a sampler. They offer a 4 soup choice incase you aren't sure if you like something. I was quite impressed with the Flaki (beef tripe). I wasn't sure if I'd like it, but it ended up being fantastic. I didn't think much about what it was because it was so tasty.

I guess I'd recommend anything here at least once :)

Entrance
    • Work Abroad

• Kuchnia Chrisa: Amazingly new experience in taste in Poland

by artifischl Written Oct 24, 2009

I regulary visit the polish city Poznan to see friends of mine who are foodies like me. Unfortunately the amount of restaurants is big BUT a little boring in this town. Everywhere you find the same food, up to 100 dishes on the menu.
    So I was very surprised when they took me to a new place called "Kuchnia Chrisa" which is based in the Basement of the New Theater (Teatr Nowy) in Poznan. The owner, who I got introduced to by my friends is a half german half danish guy who came to poznan after falling in love to a polish actress.
    The Restaurant has several rooms, a great round bar and a cozy lounge, the lightning and the colors are discreet but friendly. On the first view the menu did not look sooo special, something like 20 dishes all together, but it contained some extras in usual dishes that made me curious. I was very hungry, so I decided for a Salad with grilled Goat cheese and "violet-blosom-topping" and for the main I have chosen a Beefsteak with balsamic reduction and marinated figgs.
    Both was amazing, which lead me to also have a desert, as they had a chocolate fondant with bluecheese (!) on the menu.

Favorite Dish: Even the Steak was one of the truely best ones I ever had and the combination with the figgs was amazing, I think, my favourite was the Chocolate Blue Cheese Fondant. When I racked through it with mz spoon, a warm little liquid chocolate sauce came out. the taste of the blue cheese was almost not recognizeable as something cheesy, but it left a light salty aftertaste in your mouth than was corresponding perfectlz with the chocolate.

• Madagaskar Restaurant & Cafe: the best steak's in Poznan

by Mati012 Written Nov 25, 2009

Dou you want to feel warmth regardless of the season??? This special restaurant in the heart of Poznan Old Market Square offers wide range of tastes. You can enjoy some specialities of European and African cuisine. Cave-like interior, warm colours and plants create really cosy atmospheare. You can't miss it!

Favorite Dish: Sweet and spicy curry from shrimps and pineapple served with jasmine rice.
    "Jerk" pork with ginger mousse from plum and pineapple served with rice and red sidney beans.

Madagaskar poznan Madagaskar poznan

• xdescendx's Profile Photo

Kriek Belgian Pub & Cafe: Great Belgian beer right in Poznan!

by xdescendx Written Jun 1, 2010

Kriek Belgian Pub & Cafe offers over 120 different Belgian beers and they each come in a custom glass made for that beer. They also have a menu with a great variety of snacks (fries-ice cream-Belgian pralines), teas and coffees.

The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. They will help you make a choice if you're unsure which of the 120 you want to try :) I can assure you that you won't be disappointed.

For those in need to be "connected"; they do have Wi-Fi access. I've also seen them playing football (soccer) on a PS3. Not seeing the controllers...I actually thought there was a live match...lol

Also, if you go up to the counter, they have a helpful Night/Day guide with a map (been to Poz 8-9 times and this is the first I've seen one of these) Very helpful!

Favorite Dish: My favorites were the Tripel Karmeliet and the Kwak

Kwak Tripel Karmeliet
    • Beer Tasting

Instant Answers: Poznan

Comments

Poznan Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Poznan restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Poznan sightseeing.