Hydrofoil in Szczecin
In August there will be re-introduced the boat connection between Szczecin and Swinoujscie at the seaside by the hydrofoil. The cruise will take place 4 times a day and the one-way ticket is going to cost 50zl for adults and 10zl for children.
- Sailing and Boating
Paid Parking Zone
While arriving at Szczecin by car, you should remember about the Paid Parking Zone stretching across the city centre. In this area, you'll have to pay for leaving your car in the street. The parking fee depends mainly on the time you park your car. Another aspect is that there are 3 subzones: A (marked red, the most expensive), B (yellow) and C (green, the cheapest) - the fees varies depending on the subzone. Below you'll find the specification of fees as of 05.12.2010
SUBZONE A (red)
up to 15 mins - 0.70 PLN
the first hour of parking - 2.80 PLN
the second hour of parking - 3.20 PLN
the third hour of parking - 3.60 PLN
each additional hour of parking - 2.80 PLN
SUBZONE B (yellow)
up to 15 mins - 0.50 PLN
the first hour of parking - 2.00 PLN
the second hour of parking - 2.40 PLN
the third hour of parking - 2.80 PLN
each additional hour of parking - 2.00 PLN
SUBZONE C (green)
up to 15 mins - 0.30 PLN
the first hour of parking - 1.20 PLN
the second hour of parking - 1.40 PLN
the third hour of parking - 1.60 PLN
each additional hour of parking - 1.20 PLN
The parking tickets can be bought at the parking meters.
In the attached pictures, you can see:
1) the map of the Paid Parking Zone in Szczecin
2) the roadsigns you'll find entering the Paid Parking Zone
3) the typical parking meter
- Road Trip
Travelling to Szczecin: by plane
Szczecin Airport is located in Goleniow. It's an international airport, although the number of regular connections is quite low: only Warszawa (Poland), Oslo (Norway), London (UK), Liverpool (UK) and Dublin (Ireland).
There is, however, another way to reach Szczecin by plane: Berlin airports. As Berlin is located only 120 kms from Szczecin, it's very easy to get to the city from the German capital, especially when you take into account that there are regular bus connections that will help you get directly to Szczecin.
Glewice, 72-100 Goleniow, www.airport.com.pl, phone +48-91-481-74-00
The airport located around 40 kms from the city centre. You can get to Szczecin by car or bus
13405 Berlin, www.berlin-airport.de, phone +49-180-5000-186
Regular connections with most capital cities in the world
12521Berlin, www.berlin-airport.de, phone +49-180-5000-186
Regular connections with biggest European cities
Those carriers will help you get to Szczecin centre from the airport AND from the Szczecin centre to the airport:
- A. Fedenczak (Szczecin-Goleniow Airport) - www.fedenczak.com.pl, phone +48-91-812-07-77
- Berlinia (Berlin-Tegel, Berlin Schoenefeld Airports) - www.berlinia.eu, phone +48-91-483-56-53
- PLL Lot Office (Szczecin-Goleniow Airport, PLL Lot's flights only) - www.lot.com.pl, phone +48-91-488-35-58
- EuroConnect (Berlin-Tegel, Berlin Schoenefeld Airports) - www.ec24.pl, phone +48-91-433-88-22
- Interglobus Tour (Szczecin-Goleniow, Berlin-Tegel, Berlin Schoenefeld Airports) - www.interglobus.pl, phone +48-91-485-04-22
- Family Travel
- Business Travel
Travelling to Szczecin: by bus
You can reach Szczecin using PKS buses (PKS is a general name of intercity bus companies) which connect Szczecin with some major Polish cities, as well as towns and villages in the Pomerania region.
If you're travelling from Berlin, you can use buses belonging to specialised carrier companies, such as Berlinia (www.berlinia.eu)
SZCZECIN BUS STATION
pl. Grodnicki 1, 70-952 Szczecin
- Road Trip
Travelling to Szczecin: by car
Szczecin is well-connected with European highway network, therefore you can get to the city easily if travelling from Germany (German highway No. 11 from Berlin is directly connected with Polish higway No. A6, which will lead you to Szczecin southern parts).
Other roads to Szczecin:
- Polish Express Route No. S3 (from the north and the south)
- Polish State Road No. 3 (from the southeast)
- Polish State Road No. 10 (from the east)
- German Federal Road No. 104/113 + Polish State Road No. 10 (from the west)
- German Federal Road No. 2 + Polish State Road No. 13 (from the southwest)
- Road Trip
The polish racing car
Many people gathered around a local racing car parked on the pavement beside the street in the centre of Szczecin.
- Beer Tasting
- Road Trip
And a cutting edge, performance-oriented three-wheeler was driving around in the streets. The polish styled 3-wheeler are popular among older polish bikers who suffer balance.
- Road Trip
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates