Szczecin Warnings and Dangers

• Waly Chrobrego - where those restaurants are
    Waly Chrobrego - where those restaurants...
    by Jawnuta

• Jawnuta's Profile Photo

DO NOT GO THERE!!!

by Jawnuta Updated Apr 4, 2011

stay away from those...

Never go to Chrobry, Columbus or Colorado Pub on Waly Chrobrego in Szczecin!!!
    The service sucks (I mean really sucks) and the food is far from good.
    Once you will enter any of those places and ask for the table the stuff will ask you "Panstwo na konsumpcje czy na drinki?" translate "Did you came here to eat or to drink?" so if you are not planing a meal they will give you a table by the toilet or cramp 5 people in a table for two. The waitress will be rude taking your order and try to up-sell you.
    If you will come for dinner (8 people) and order bottle of wine, few beers, main dish for everybody and let say only 5 appetizers rude waitress will refuse to give you an extra empty plates so you can share (eat family style), so you have to eat your Salmon carpaccio over the table cloth... It is pretty rude especially that dinner for 8 people will cost you a monthly salary of a cashier in a supermarket in Poland.
    Those 3 places (Chrobry, Columbus and Colorado Pub) have the same owner and apparently they train their stuff to be rude and unpleasant. All those places are still full of Poles who (thanks to so many years under the Communism) are used to the rudeness of the stuff.....go figure....

UPDATE - 8/2010:
    Service still bad. I guess it is a norm. We sat down for some coffee and ice cream across of Theatre. We waited for ever to have the girl take our order. She was passing by and taking orders from other costumers who came after us. Finally I stopped her and she said she will come back shortly. All together it took between 30 to 40 min to order our drinks :-) We didn't get upset only because we had great books to read while there. We waited some more for our drinks. After we finished our drinks we were seating there forever reading our books and she didn't bother to ask if we liked anything else. Finally we had to go and meet my sister so I stopped the waitress and asked for a bill. 15-20 min passed and no bill. My husband grabbed the money and went to the bar to pay, but he was informed he has to pay to the waitress so he returned to the table. Next I noticed that barman telling the waitress about us waiting for a bill and she stood at the bar for another 10 min chatting with him...gggrrrrrrr... Finally she brought the bill. Unfortunately we didn't have a change .... and do I really have to write how long did we wait for it????
    By the way - coffee was good :-)

• J4r0's Profile Photo

Watch out for pickpockets in public transport

by J4r0 Updated Dec 6, 2010

You have to be cautious while travelling by trams or by buses - there is some risk your wallet might be stolen by a pickpocket, especially during rush hours, when there are many people around you. It's almost impossible to catch such a guy unless you get him red-handed.

The police's phone number is 997. You may, as well, call number 112. Both of them are free.

• MikeAtSea's Profile Photo

Money Changers

by MikeAtSea Written Jul 29, 2007

Old Polish Banknotes

If you are being approached in the street to change money - decline! Most likely you are going to be given false or old Polish banknotes as it happened to a few of my colleagues in Poland recently. The Polish Zloty was changed recently from old notes to new notes - and you may purchase notes that were only valid in the 80's. If in doubt of the money you receive one simple comparison works: On the old notes the Polish Eagle does not have a crown - on the new and valid ones it has!

• Business Travel

• xdescendx's Profile Photo

Taking pictures in traffic

by xdescendx Written Dec 14, 2006

I was taking this lovely picture of my GF and friend while stepping into traffic. Classic looks from both ;)

Please be very careful Drivers in Szczecin won't hesitate to hit you.

Instant Answers: Szczecin

Comments

Szczecin Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Szczecin warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Szczecin sightseeing.