New Church in Trzesacz
The new Church was sacryficed on December 23, 1880. It represents, modern at that time, neogothic style. In 1950s the Church was damaged. In 1960s a new evangelical cemetery was closed and a Recreation Centre was built here... In 1998 the ruin of the church was given to the Catholic Church. Nowadays, the church is renovated....
Palace in Trzesacz
There is a nice palace in Trzesacz. It is located in a park. Now, after changing the owner of the palace in 2004 there is a Hotel's Complex which offers a wide variety of services, including horse riding and tennis...
- Horse Riding
- Castles and Palaces
Trzesacz would not be popular unless the Baltic Sea... This is why tourists come here and have opportunity to see monuments of the village. Ths part of the sea which is in Trzesacz is really great as the beach is wide, sandy and clean...
There is a nice biew of the Sea form the hill where the ruins of the church are located...
Narrow - track's railway
One of the biggest atraction of Trzesacz is a narrow - track's railway. It is called `Ciuchcia - Retro - Expres`. It leaves from Gryfice in the morning and runs all day between Trzesacz, Rewal, Niechorze, Pogorzelica. Old cars and monumental locomotive makes the atmosphere and thanks to that we may feel like years ago...
The railway runs from June to September and the locomotive on Sundays. Out of season you may see cars in the Museum of Narrow - Track's Railway in Gryfice. You buy tickets in the train.
Ruins of the Church in old pictures
In 1750 the distence of the temple from the edge of the cliff was 58 metres and was continuously diminishing. Twenty years later the withdrawing shore started to reveal the graves from which the rain washing human remains away. In 1806 the church was 14 metres away from the edge of the cliff and in 1855 - only 2!
The last service was held on 2 August 1874; the windows to the sea had already been bricked up so that the sound of roaring waves should not drown the words of the vicar. In 1885 the interior decoration of the temple was taken away, the roof was pulled down and the gable end was lowered. The renovated altar is now in a new, neoghotic church in Trzesacz, and decorated stalls in the cathedral in Kamien Pomorski. The first part of the walls fell down in April 1901, the last in February 1994. In 2000 after many years' endeavours works aiming at protecting the cliff and the walls of the church against total destruction commenced. Now the place is a symbol of eternal fight of humans agains the powers of nature.
Ruins of the Church in Trzesacz
By accounts of the constructions of a wooden church in Trzesacz commenced upon Christian mission of bishop Otton from Bamberg in in 12th century. The visable part of the southern wall of the church is the remain of the late ghotic tample of the 15th century. The stracture was than situated in the centre of agricultural settlement, about 1800 mentres from the shore.
The temple was of one nave, measuring inside 23 by 9 metres, with a choir to the east. A wooden tower, annexed to the west side in 1650, suffered damage following a stroke of lightening in 1760. Finnaly it was pulled down in 1818 and its orginal look is not know. The church was surdounded with graveyard and a stone wall.
the ruins (one wall exactly) of the church built in XIV/XV cent. The church was destroyed by the sea.
Could you believe that it was built 2 km far from the sea!
In XVII cent the distance was 58m, and 1820 13m. The last Mass took place in 1874. The first wall felt down in 1901. For the ages the distance was getting smaller and smaller now there is only one wall left and this is a question of time when it disappear.
According to the legend a fishman called Kazko was supposed to live in Trzesacz. After his death, his fiancee was so sad that she died too. She was burried in this church. Kazko hidden in the sea has been trying to get closer to her since her funeral. The lover will be together forever when the last wall will fall down to the sea.
- Sky Diving
Monument near the church
The monument commemorates people who died here and were memebers of a German parish, as well as those who died in March 1945... The monument was built in 2000.