Albufeira Restaurants

• Picanha - you may not need a starter or desert!
    Picanha - you may not need a starter or...
    by tango_jd
    Albufeira - Portugal
    by solopes
    Albufeira - Portugal
    by solopes

Most Recent Restaurants in Albufeira

• Snack Bar Laurenco: Local Food cooked to perfection

by timetotravel Written May 6, 2008

The food was cooked beautifully - very authentic experience - set menu cost for starter, main course, dessert and coffee AND half bottle of house red or white wine less than 10 Euros!

You could have the most lovely homemade soup or King Prawn starter in lots of garlic and olive oil (they called it "fried shrimp"!!), followed by mixed meat Kebab, or Fish of the day, or beautiful grilled Salmon, followed by a dessert of lovely cake and the best coffee I have had in ages! Wash that all down with a half bottle of house red or white wine (which was very yummy by the way!) and I could not fault this establishment. Run by a lovely unassuming lady and spotlessly clean (I always think the state of the bathroom is a good sign in any restaurant) I would recommend you steer clear of the crowded "generic" restuarnts in Albufeira, and try this place.

You sit under an umbrella and watch the world go by, never feel rushed and enjoy the fantastic food!

Favorite Dish: Starter - Fried Shrimp to die for (huge in shell Prawns not shrimps!!!) swimming in garlic and local olive oil

Main - Grilled Salmon (perfectly cooked) and served with simple salad and boiled potatoes
    or Kebab of pork and beef (chargrilled and yummy)

We added local bread on top - and you could have this with pate or butter if you liked

• Beaches

• Great seafood !!!: Great seafood !!!

by GibJoe Written Apr 9, 2008

Albuferia has an endless number of good restaurants, the food is absolutely great with the seafood been one of the best I have ever had. At night you can see from the beach the small fishing boats out at sea to capture what will be in the restaurants the following day. A speciality is the seafood cataplana, and if you are not into seafood try the chichen piri-piri.

• Tricky_Dicky69's Profile Photo

Casa do Chef ( Chef's House ): Give your tastebuds a treat.

by Tricky_Dicky69 Written Apr 8, 2008

Casa Do Chefe

Nice little place round the corner from our hotel where we ate on our first night. The place was quiet when we arrived but soon got busy. I can't remember exactly what we had but do remember that we left full up and happy. Not the cheapest place in town but if you want cheap and chips then you can find that anywhere.

We are going back to the same area again later in 2008 and will be going back to Casa do Chef again.

Tricky Dicky rating 8.5 / 10.

• Beaches

• O Penedo: Albufeira restaurants

by Logiealmond Written Sep 30, 2007

I think the comment about O Penedo does not match our experience. The staff are pleasant (if overworked) and although the food is not outstanding the great plus point of this restaurant is the view from the terrace over Albufeira's beaches particularly if you can get a table in the right spot.

Annabells: One off the best

by intertraveler Updated Sep 16, 2007

This restaurant we went to three times first I had the sunday lunch Lamb was my choice.
    Some off my friends had the cod but my favourite was the home made steak pie.
    I have not eaten a Knickbocker glory for years when I saw this on the menu I could not resist.
    The deserts are very good from the home made apple pie banana split strawbery melba.
    In all this is a great family run restaurant well worth a visit and the prices very resonable.

Favorite Dish: Roast lamb and Yorkshire pudding but my favourite was the home made steak pie with skeak chips peas and gravy.

Churrasqueira Beira: Tradicional Portuguese

by intertraveler Updated Sep 16, 2007

this restaurand is very popular with the portugese people.
    There is the standard menu and the specials which I had. When you go for a meal most restaurants bring you bread butter olives which they charge about 1.5 eur each.
    This restaurant brought bread cheese and ham and charged 10 eur for two people so be aware.
    The prices were resonable and if you want to try the local food this is the restaurant to go to.

Favorite Dish: I had suckling pig with rice in sauce with salad.

Neto: Popular

Neto Restaurant

We were passing this restaurant and decided to stop for something to eat.
    The restaurant is down some steps and looks smart. The staff were friendly and the prices slightly above average.

Favorite Dish: I had Portugese steak wich was very tender and was in a bowl and the scollop potatoes around the edge.

• intertraveler's Profile Photo

Casa Velha: Try the local dishes.

by intertraveler Written Sep 14, 2007

Casa Velha

We ate here on our first night I wanted to go back but there are so many restaurants you are spoilt for choice.
    This restaurant was close to our hotel in a quite location. The food was very good and not expensive. Also wine in the restaurants is very resonable.
    The ambience I would say Porugese And the staff were friendly and the service was good.

Favorite Dish: I had Portugese Lamb from the bone this was delicious.

• Propermark's Profile Photo

O Veleiro: Portuguese Seafood and Meat

by Propermark Updated Aug 25, 2007

This restaurant is in the city centre not far from Albufeira main square. It was located just under Regina Apartments, so we decided to go there two times. I had grilled tuna steaks with french fries and they tasted so good!! My friends had some meats with eggs and potatos and they were not disappointed either.

Suggstion: go there during week days and not weekend, cause at weekends they're too busy and service is slow, food is not cooked well.

Favorite Dish: Grilled Tunafish Steak but you'll find plenty of choice for Meats dishes as well.

They have starters, salads, snacks, Fish, Meat and omelettes.. and you can ask for Piri-piri sauce if you like spices.

• Indian Nights: Could be the best Indian in The Algarve

by orny1000 Written Jul 12, 2007

Lovely restaurant, welcoming, well laid out and check out the great artwork on the walls.

Service is first class...very friendly. Not only that, but the food is excellent. We went as a group of 9 and none of us could fault anything that was put in front of us. Thoroughly enjoyable and highly recommended!

• Atrium: well worth a visit

by Ferdia1 Written Feb 22, 2007

Owner with my food + smile

I always reckon that any restaurant that attracts the locals must be worth a visit. here i was not disappointed, the place was lively when i visited but not noisy. a good menu and staff who were very helpfull and friendly. The owner was charming and interesting. food delicious and nice suroundings we'll be back.

Favorite Dish: The Cataplana

• Geoff_Wright's Profile Photo

Annabelle's: Highly Recommended

by Geoff_Wright Updated Dec 27, 2006

Annabelle

So many restaurants to chose from, it's likely that you will try one or two on a personal recommendation from someone else. Annabelle's was only a couple of minutes' walk from our apartment. Annabelle is English, and has lived here for 12 years. She runs the restaurant with her daughter, and has built up a reputation for great food and hospitality. We were to spend quite a bit of time at her establishment.

• w.morris's Profile Photo

O Penedo: Avoid at all cost

by w.morris Written Dec 9, 2006

My partner and I were in Albufeira Portugal in Sept 2006 to celebrate my 40th Birthday. I can honestly say that every restaurant and bar we went to we were made very welcome with one exception O PENEDO. It is situated on the main lane that takes you to the beach (I cant remember the street name). The restuarant staff were rude, the food was absolutley average and the service was frankly appalling. Avoid it at all costs and I am sure you will enjoy your stay in Albufiera

Favorite Dish: none

• Geoff_Wright's Profile Photo

Annabelle's: Home Made Steak Pie

by Geoff_Wright Updated Oct 18, 2006

Steak Pie

Favorite Dish: Again, on a personal recommendation, we were determined to sample Annabelle's famous home made Steak Pie. I forget who mentioned about the pie, but we thank them for their good advice. Almost more than we could eat, and for a modest price of 7 Euros, including a beer! Real piecrust pastry, chunky steak - not the minced up stuff you find in tins - chips and peas. Wonderful! But do order it in advance as Annabelle sells out more often than not.

I've put the price as average, but I rather doubt that you'll find anywhere else selling pie like this, LOL!

• Koala garden restaurant: Great food

by clippytam77 Written Sep 20, 2006

This restaurant is very good. If you want to try something different like ostereich steak or kangaroo steak then this the place to eat. The also do your traditional steaks and fish dishes and many more. The service is excellent, very pleasant and the food is good quality. You can actually look at the different steaks they have before you order.

If you collect a "Freemaps best of Albufeira & Montechoro" from anywhere in the old town you will find this restaurant on there. It is number 12 on the Montechoro side. It is only a 10 minute bus drive from the old town albufeira.

Favorite Dish: Starter - Homemade Tomato soup (Delicious)
    Main - Kangaroo steak with mushroom sauce (Amazing taste)
    Pudding - Chocolate mud cake (Pure indulgance)

• Luxury Travel

Instant Answers: Albufeira

Comments

Albufeira Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Albufeira restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Albufeira sightseeing.