Albufeira Restaurants

• Picanha - you may not need a starter or desert!
    Picanha - you may not need a starter or...
    by tango_jd
    Albufeira - Portugal
    by solopes
    Albufeira - Portugal
    by solopes

Best Rated Restaurants in Albufeira

El Rancho: Portuguese Steaks

by Geoff_Wright Updated Oct 4, 2008

We visited El Rancho for two meals, both times with Carmen and Stace (Carmela71 and Beach_Dog). A great atmosphere, and if you sit at one of the outside tables, you get ther real feel for dining on The Strip.

Favorite Dish: Hmmm, now what did I have? I think it was either a Sirloin or a Rump steak, with all the trimmings, but whatever it was it was delicious! Nothing left on my plate afterwards. We had various puddings, including cheesecakes, gateaux, icecreams! All wewre excellent! Stace ordered a bottle of the local plonk, and part way through, the waiter knocked it over, and bought us another half bottle "on the house",

The service was very good.

Annabelle's: Highly Recommended

by Geoff_Wright Updated Dec 27, 2006

So many restaurants to chose from, it's likely that you will try one or two on a personal recommendation from someone else. Annabelle's was only a couple of minutes' walk from our apartment. Annabelle is English, and has lived here for 12 years. She runs the restaurant with her daughter, and has built up a reputation for great food and hospitality. We were to spend quite a bit of time at her establishment.

Annabelle

• Carmela71's Profile Photo

Belver Steak Bar: Open till 2.00 am

by Carmela71 Updated Oct 8, 2004

They are open from 10.00 till 2.00 am and the menu is very simple, not many options, but really cheap!!!

The menu consist is a tomato salad as starter, the option of steak with garlic or with cream and a dessert (pineapple or apple pie)

All this for less than 10 Euros!!

Look the apple pie is really nice!

The staff is very welcome and nice and normally is not too crowd.

Of course also wine ;-)

• Geoff_Wright's Profile Photo

Agapito Restaurant: The Omelette was Great!

by Geoff_Wright Written Jan 5, 2005

The Agapito Restaurante is typically Portuguese, situated on the Estrada De Santa Eulalia, next door to Annabelles. The restaurant itself and the service, was very good, but I have to say not so good as other places we visited. that's not to say we wouldn't have returned there, but we only had a one week stay in town.

Favorite Dish: I had fancied good old Chicken and Chips, and, yes, it was here on the menu. Mary fancied a Muchroom Omelette and chips, and she rated her meal as " One of the best". I, however, was rather disappointed, because I had expected a chicken leg or breast, but instead my meal consisted of bits and pieces of wings and legs, more like Pigeon really, haha. Mind you, it tasted nice even though I have an allergy against Garlic! (Yes, cooked in a Garlic oil). This was the least expensive restaurant we visited, at 5.50 Euros for each of our main meals.

Mary at the Agapito Restaurant

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

Os Azeiteros: delicious seafood and shellfish

by call_me_rhia Updated Mar 4, 2004

it's a tiny restaurant near the beach, with outside and inside tables, squeezed in between other restaurants… This one serves great food - especially seafood…

Favorite Dish: what you shoud try is the caldeirada… a typical local dish based on rice, served in a clay pot. We chose the one with seafood: delicious and huge (but we managed to finish it all). And pinapples... I don't know why - but they taste amazing in Portugal.

a meal for... 2!

• Geoff_Wright's Profile Photo

Annabelle's: Cod and Chips!

by Geoff_Wright Written Jan 3, 2005

Favorite Dish: We decided on Cod, Chips and Peas for our first meal at Annabelle's. Everything is cooked to a high standard, and there's plenty on your plate! Good English style cooking, and not fatty, or thick, soggy batter on the fish.

Our meal cost 7 Euros each and a couple of Euros for a beer and coke. Mary rated this meal as 10 out of ten!

Cod and Chips

Venezia Restaurante/Grill: Excellent Fillet Steaks

by Geoff_Wright Written Jan 5, 2005

There are just so many restaurants to chose from in Albufeira. You can't possibly eat at all of them in a week, or even three, LOL! so, wherever you eat, it'll be because of the type of food that you are interested in. The Venezia Restaurante is just one of many in The Strip, where you will be lost for choice.

Favorite Dish: We decided on fillet steak and trimmings, followed by Banana Splits (huge!!), and a small lager and Coke. All this cost us 31 Euros. The steak was excellent, and the service was very good too, although we got there rather late, and I think they were reaching closing time.

Moi at the Venezia Restaurante

• Geoff_Wright's Profile Photo

El Rancho: Watch Stace Eat!

by Geoff_Wright Written Jan 5, 2005

Second day, and we decided to try for somewhere different. On the recommendation of their hotel, Stace and Carmen took us on a route march almost down into the Old Town, to some obscure Restaurant. Finally finding our way to the restaurant, through some side streets, we decided that, from the outside it didn't look very inviting, so, we returned to The Strip. so that was the best part of an hour lost (note, I never said wasted!), and we found ourselves back at El Rancho for a second night.

Favorite Dish: Stace, having had the Portuguese Steak the night before, I decided to try it for myself. Mmmmmmmmmmmm, delicious! And, probably a lower price than many other nearby restaurants. More icecreams, and fattening chocolate fudge cake!! Oh, and wine.

Is the spoon large enough, Stace?

Annabelle's: Home Made Steak Pie

by Geoff_Wright Updated Oct 18, 2006

Favorite Dish: Again, on a personal recommendation, we were determined to sample Annabelle's famous home made Steak Pie. I forget who mentioned about the pie, but we thank them for their good advice. Almost more than we could eat, and for a modest price of 7 Euros, including a beer! Real piecrust pastry, chunky steak - not the minced up stuff you find in tins - chips and peas. Wonderful! But do order it in advance as Annabelle sells out more often than not.

I've put the price as average, but I rather doubt that you'll find anywhere else selling pie like this, LOL!

Steak Pie

• Tequila Bistro: Fabulous Chill out Restaurant

by theburtons Written Mar 30, 2010

Hidden on rua alves correia just off the main square lies a hidden gem.Tequila Bistro is a cool funky small restaurant offering a variety of international cuisine.Fresh local produce is used wherever possible making really home made "specials" & there's always a choice of homemade fresh vegetarian dishes .Debbie & the gang made us feel very welcome,the music was always classy & tasteful in an ambient chilled kind of way & the food was really great & so well priced.

Favorite Dish: Thai curry is the most authentic I've tasted without going to Asia

• Surfing

• Propermark's Profile Photo

O Veleiro: Portuguese Seafood and Meat

by Propermark Updated Aug 25, 2007

This restaurant is in the city centre not far from Albufeira main square. It was located just under Regina Apartments, so we decided to go there two times. I had grilled tuna steaks with french fries and they tasted so good!! My friends had some meats with eggs and potatos and they were not disappointed either.

Suggstion: go there during week days and not weekend, cause at weekends they're too busy and service is slow, food is not cooked well.

Favorite Dish: Grilled Tunafish Steak but you'll find plenty of choice for Meats dishes as well.

They have starters, salads, snacks, Fish, Meat and omelettes.. and you can ask for Piri-piri sauce if you like spices.

• Snack Bar Laurenco: Local Food cooked to perfection

by timetotravel Written May 6, 2008

The food was cooked beautifully - very authentic experience - set menu cost for starter, main course, dessert and coffee AND half bottle of house red or white wine less than 10 Euros!

You could have the most lovely homemade soup or King Prawn starter in lots of garlic and olive oil (they called it "fried shrimp"!!), followed by mixed meat Kebab, or Fish of the day, or beautiful grilled Salmon, followed by a dessert of lovely cake and the best coffee I have had in ages! Wash that all down with a half bottle of house red or white wine (which was very yummy by the way!) and I could not fault this establishment. Run by a lovely unassuming lady and spotlessly clean (I always think the state of the bathroom is a good sign in any restaurant) I would recommend you steer clear of the crowded "generic" restuarnts in Albufeira, and try this place.

You sit under an umbrella and watch the world go by, never feel rushed and enjoy the fantastic food!

Favorite Dish: Starter - Fried Shrimp to die for (huge in shell Prawns not shrimps!!!) swimming in garlic and local olive oil

Main - Grilled Salmon (perfectly cooked) and served with simple salad and boiled potatoes
    or Kebab of pork and beef (chargrilled and yummy)

We added local bread on top - and you could have this with pate or butter if you liked

• Beaches

• Carmela71's Profile Photo

El Rancho

by Carmela71 Updated Oct 8, 2004

The best was the company :-)

It was convenient for us because of the situation and the relation price quality. The steaks and the kebabs were very nice.

90% of the clients were Brits, but of course it is situated in The Strip, so that explains it LOL

Next time I will try the sizzling stones....

Geoff and its Portugess Steak ;-)

• johnsakura's Profile Photo

Indian Nights Indian Tandoori: Indian

by johnsakura Written Jul 23, 2003

An exquiset dining experience they say.
    Selection of the finest indian cuisine prepared by the Punjabi curry che (with 20 yrs. experience in India, London & Arab Emirades) & tandoori chef. legant restaurant.

albufeira portugal

• intertraveler's Profile Photo

Annabells: One off the best

by intertraveler Updated Sep 16, 2007

This restaurant we went to three times first I had the sunday lunch Lamb was my choice.
    Some off my friends had the cod but my favourite was the home made steak pie.
    I have not eaten a Knickbocker glory for years when I saw this on the menu I could not resist.
    The deserts are very good from the home made apple pie banana split strawbery melba.
    In all this is a great family run restaurant well worth a visit and the prices very resonable.

Favorite Dish: Roast lamb and Yorkshire pudding but my favourite was the home made steak pie with skeak chips peas and gravy.

Instant Answers: Albufeira

Comments

Albufeira Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Albufeira restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Albufeira sightseeing.