Slide and Splash, Albufeira

The water shute
  • Slide and Splash

by bugalugs Updated Apr 15, 2006

Slide and Splash

A wonderful water park. Not huge by any means, but a comfortable kind of place. A place for families. No huge queues, some great water chutes to suit all tastes. Lots of attendants overseeing the water chutes and lifeguards on duty.

A lovely grassed areas to sit/lie and relax, take a picnic and soak up the sun.

fee is 16.50 Euros - Adult

by bugalugs Updated Apr 15, 2006

The water shute

There are restaurants, snack bars, and locker rooms at Slide and Splash.

If you have gone self catering and have the use of a parasol at your apartment/villa take it with you to the water park, it will save you renting one when you get there. You can just stick it in the ground and save yourself some money. The park dont object to this, neither did they to people taking picnic/food into the park.

I found this water shute particular fast, or maybe it was just me. At the top of the shute were traffic signals and you couldnt take your go until it went to green. However, one time I was speeding down, screaming my head off as usual :-) when I rounded a bend and there was my son stuck, and a woman also!!!!! They said they had struggled to get down as there was not enough water flowing in the shute and it was not slippy enough. I never seemed to have that problem, maybe because my swimsuit was lycra and my sons swim shorts were a nylon material.

by bugalugs Updated Apr 4, 2011

This water shute I found frightening. It looks so simple. I watched for a while before I was tempted/persuaded to have a go. When you get to the top and its your turn to sit down with your legs hanging over the side you realise the drop is high and almost vertical!!!!

The man blows a whistle and you must GO!!! Oh my goodness what an experience, I had watched people come down, in a sitting position, well that lasted about one second for me, I ended up flat on my back but going head first and my legs stuck somewhere up in the air!!!

Never again I thought when I got out of the splash pool. About two hours later I was coerced into having another go by my son and husband, and me like a fool went on it again. I must be stark staring bonkers)!!! This time I fell back on my back and was spinning around at the same time. I am sure people watching thought I was performing stunts or a new version of break dancing! :-)))

Instant Answers: Albufeira