Armação de Pêra Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Armação de Pêra

• wbuese's Profile Photo

O LOBO DO MAR: Where fishermen enjoy tapas,petiscos,fish, mussles

by wbuese Written Apr 29, 2009

Very simple but clean. A typical meeting-point of the nativ fishermen.wooden tables and benches.Wines, beer (Super Bock) , soft-drinks and coffes are offered.Typical Tapas and (fish)-salads and other cold and warm dishes are offered. The boss pseaks very good English. Two TV´s in opposite are installed(football) Fresh bread from the opposite bakery is offered. A very good place for the meal for in between meals. An authentic atmosphere.

Favorite Dish: Cuttle-fish-salad(cooked, sliced in slices) with (on request)garlic or without. With fresh bread-->simply, tasty and satisfying.

• Singles

• wbuese's Profile Photo

Casa de Pasto ARMACENESE: Where the working men are satisfied

by wbuese Updated Apr 29, 2009

For low prices go get simple but fresh food. It is situated in the so called "3 rd Row" (R.Bartolomeu Dias, 32). It is a favorit for the workers for lunch and for residents in the evenings. Very simple but clean ambience. The chief in the kitchen and his wife for serving the meals and the drinks are very friendly. The boss speaks a very good English and has open ears for his guests. They serve local dishes of soups,meat, fresh fish and salads. They serve a tastful fresh bread and marinied olives. You can choose about different wines, spirits, coffees and deserts. I was very impressed of the kindness of the owners. The meals were simple but tasteful. If you like the "simple = basic" life for low cost try it and you will be satified.

Favorite Dish: Vagetable soups; grilled fish with salad; grilled pork meat with salad

• Singles

• jeli's Profile Photo

Don't miss Raj! So good we went there twice!

by jeli Updated Aug 25, 2008
    Raj Restaursnt

I think there are only 2 Indian Resturants in Armacao De Pera. We stayed at the Hotel Garbe where Raj is so we went to that one and it was highly recommended by a friend.

He was not wrong. The ambience is lovely, with huge mirrored skylights and if you want to eat out on the terrace overlooking the beach, you can.

The service is lovely and a great place for birthday parties or children as it is situated in a hotel and not right by the street.

You must go to The Raj if you are coming to Armacao De Pera. as outstanding restaurants there are few and far between.

Favorite Dish: The curries were impeccable, probably one of the best we have tasted.
    I ordered the Karachi Lamb and it was so tender and melt in your mouth that I ordered it again the next time!

• jeli's Profile Photo

Traviata, Traviata 2 and Gabi' s Pizzeria: Good Italian restaurants!

by jeli Updated Aug 25, 2008
    Gabi's Pizzeria

We went to these restaurants as we were not too impressed with the Portuguese seafood from Borders Restaurant and Hera Restaurant. I am shocked at how expensive seafood is in a lot of the restaurants in Armacao De Pera.

Both restaurants make delicious pizzas, eat in or takeaway and great pastas.
    The service is friendly and prompt and you will get starters of pickled carrot with garlic and sardine paste with bread.
    But remember you will be charged for these so say no if you don't want them.

Traviata 2 has a better view right by Fishermans Beach and Gabi's Pizzeria is in the old part of town.
    Traviata Restaurant is slightly opposite the old fort opposite the EcoMarche supermarket.

Favorite Dish: Mushroom Pizza and Cannelloni in Traviata but they do not have any seafood pasta.

Gabi's Pizzeria has great seafood pasta!

• jeli's Profile Photo

Best restaurant in Armacao De Pera! A hidden gem!

by jeli Written Aug 19, 2008

Restaurant Calixtos is off the beaten path at the start of the beach by the caves.
    It is easier to get to if you go before it gets dark, about 7pm and walk along the beach. The walk back to the street is dusty and undefined but well worth the trip!
    The restaurant has a nautical, beach hut feel with a beautiful terrace by the beach where you can watch the sunset.
    The waiter was very kind and very friendly and the owner came to ask us if we were ok.

My husband ordered tiger prawns for his main, and the waiter very kindly informed him that it would not be enough to fill him up as a main and made a suggestion to order grilled dover sole. It was the best dish my husband had all holiday!

Favorite Dish: I ordered calamari and chips and I have never tasted calamari which is so fresh and the batter was so light and melt in your mouth!
    My husband ordered a grilled sole and it was the best fish we had all week in Armacao De Pera and not that expensive, compared to a lot of other seafood in other restaurants.

Its a lovely place to unwind and not over busy. A true hidden gem which deserves more!

We even bumped into the waiter along the street the next day and he was so friendly!
    Please go to this restaurant, it is a cut above all the other ones!

• jeli's Profile Photo

Santola Restaurant: This restaurant almost ruined my holiday!

by jeli Written Aug 19, 2008

Please avoid this restaurant!

We went to this restaurant the last night of our hoilday and it almost ruined our trip as the waiters were so rude and the food was atrocious!
    The restaurant is recommended in the free maps that are available in the hotels and outside restaurants, which states that Santola is recommended in guide books as well. I cannot believe this!
    Armacao De Pera has an adequate amount of restaurants but you can be easily fooled into thinking Santola restaurant is very nice as it has a beach terrace facing the beach and nice outside setting by the old church and in the hub of the old town.

Favorite Dish: I ordered a prawn cocktail which cost 8 euros and took a very long time to arrive. When we finally got it it consisted of 5 prawns hanging off the edge of the glass and that was it.

Then my husband's Portuguese steak arrived and the meat tasted like dog food. It tasted like liver!
    My order of beef stroganoff arrived looking half eaten and stone cold. When I ate a piece of beef I wanted to be sick as it tasted like liver again and as if it was boiled in milk. I told the waiter to take it back and asked if I could order something else. he was very rude and said no.

When the food arrived in less than 2 mins later it was obviously microwaved. I was very upset with the rude waiter because he refused to let me order something else. He also retorted that my food was cold as the chef had to wait for my husbands meal to be ready so they could take it out at the same time! How can that be an excuse!

I could not make myself eat it because it was so bad. I asked the waiter to take it back and asked him to take it off our bill as I could not eat it.

When the bill arrived the beef stroganoff was still on it. I asked the waiter why he had not removed it and he rudely told me to speak to the manager which I did. I couldn't believe how bad the food was considering that it is one of the most expensive restaurants in Armacao De Pera.

I felt like I had to fight the restaurant to not get charged for something I could not eat.
    I was bitterly disappointed with that restaurant and its conduct and had to get a take away pizza somewhere else so that I would not go hungry.

Armacao De Pera has a lot of good restaurants, avoid Santola Restaurant at all costs! The whole experience really put a downer on our last night which should have been very special.

Instant Answers: Armação de Pêra

Comments

Armação de Pêra Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Armação de Pêra restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Armação de Pêra sightseeing.

View all Armação de Pêra hotels