Faro Tourist Traps

Most Recent Tourist Traps in Faro

• FaroAirportTransfers - Taxi BEWARE

by Mardai24 Written Oct 22, 2010

Despite recommendation from a colleague, we recently booked a return journey from Faro Airport to our accommodation at Cabanas de Tavira, Portugal. We booked online and paid the return fare of €74. We arrived in Faro on Saturday, 9th October, flew back to Dublin on Saturday, 16th October.

We were met by a driver at the airport and though we had some issues with that driver, it was nothing that couldn't be forgotten. However, our biggest issue was that the taxi failed to arrive for our return journey from accommodation to the airport for an 08.00am check in. We had arranged an 07.30 pickup and were standing waiting from 07.20.

Despite repeated phoned calls (getting more desperate with each one) no driver showed and each call was met with a voicemail that the number could not be reached. What causes further irritation was that I telephoned on Friday evening, 15th October to confirm our return journey, Saturday 16th October. The gentleman I spoke with was quite rude and advised that the email I held was confirmation enough and that the taxi driver would be in place at the required time.

In desperation, we called a local taxi company who arrived just shy of 08.00 and managed to get us to the airport by 08.30.

On returning home to Ireland, I have sent two emails to the company with no reply; I've telephoned but again get the message that the number is not available. I have requested refund of the money paid for the return journey.

Please feel free to pass this information. I'm going to write off the cost of €74 plus the added €56 cost of the extra taxi. A painful lesson, but one well learnt.

Unique Suggestions: Only pay half up front or hire a car or pick up a taxi from the line outside - it will be more expensive, but in the long run..... We wanted to do this but our driver was quite insistent. Given that we had been recommended this company we thought 'ok, so to get the good price we must pay the full amount now'. What a complete swiz.

Fun Alternatives: Hire a car or pick up a taxi from the line outside - it will be more expensive, but in the long run..... We wanted to do this but our driver was quite insistent. Given that we had been recommended this company we thought 'ok, so to get the good price we must pay the full amount now'. What a complete swiz.

• Business Travel

• You may be offered a trip to...

by g-shock Written Aug 26, 2002

You may be offered a trip to the Gypsy market. For me this conjured up images of hand crafted pots and all manner of unusual artefacts. In truth a Gypsy market is simply a market full of the worst looking shorts and T-shirts you could imagine, cheap looking shoes and fake leather goods.

• Beware of people who come...

by Jimpost Written Aug 26, 2002

Beware of people who come up to you selling scratch cards saying if you reveal 3 identical items you win a fantastic prize. All they are trying to do is get you to attend a meeting to buy timeshare holidays.
    Be Beware

Instant Answers: Faro

Comments

Faro Tourist Traps

Reviews and photos of Faro tourist traps posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Faro sightseeing.