Monte Gordo Restaurants

Best Rated Restaurants in Monte Gordo

• berenices's Profile Photo

Restaurant Bar Goa: Much better than expected!

by berenices Written Dec 21, 2010

We had arrived on a sleepy Thursday winter evening and the center of Monte Gordo was quiet. Took time to find an open restaurant, and we just popped in here because aside from the pizza place, there was nobody else open who was offering any real meal.

The elderly couple who owned the place were really nice, and we felt sorry that business was slow that time -- we were the only ones there for dinner. We enjoyed our dinner -- while not perfect (the roti was no good), overall the food was good and we especially enjoyed the fish tandoori. I frequent Indian restaurants wherever I am, and I found this the best I ever had. The lamb dish (forgot the name name) had a sauce which was just perfectly done. For the roti, chamuças, fish dish, lamb dish, drinks, dessert and coffee, we only paid about 30 euros. Quite good value in this usually overpriced touristy area.

Favorite Dish: The fish tandoori is excellent! I would go back to this restaurant just to have this dish again.

Jopel: Could be better

Monte Gordo - Portugal

Very well located - on th sand but easily accessible from the walkway, this was our first experience.

Not bad, but it could be better - drinks were not cool enough, service was slow.
    A second visit left better impression - drinks were OK, service continued slow, and somewhat confuse.

Favorite Dish: Grilled fish

B. B. B.: The best

Monte Gordo - Portugal

The ugliest of the three restaurants in the beach was my favorite - They are all very similar in conditions, menu and price, but the service of BBB was a little better than the other. We checked more than once!
    It is managed by Navegadores hotel, and that may be justify the differences.

Favorite Dish: Grilled fish
    "Conquilhas"

Mamma Mia: Just Pizza

Monte Gordo - Portugal

Too much people in a restaurant generally means good price or good quality (or both). This was one of the most occupied restaurants in my area, thus becoming my first option. Well, they sell reasonable pizzas, not too cheap and not too kindly.

Nothing serious to complaint, but I went elsewhere.

Migalhas: Good place

Monte Gordo - Portugal

I had dinner there twice. Watching football in the big screen was the objective and that was, probably the reason why the service was so slow (full house).

In the first time I was alone, and I must confess that I didn't notice the time passing. The second time the family was there, and the ladies were rather impatient (and me too).

Well, I enjoyed the food. Many different dishes, well served, at regular prices.

Furthermore, this was the best take-away that we used. Well displayed and cooked food, gentleness in service, only the prices were almost the same than at the table.

I was there again this year, and something seemed different. As a matter of fact I couldn't locate it. Was it closed?

Taj Mahal: Good Indian

Monte Gordo - Portugal

We visited this restaurant several times, always with pleasure.

It's typical Indian food, but they spice it according to the costumers demand, and that makes all the difference.

The prices were very acceptable.

Favorite Dish: We tried a large diversity, and all the dishes were aproved.

Honorato: Good experience

Monte Gordo - Portugal

An almost empty restaurant in the front line of the beach, uses to mean... either bad or expensive.

That was not the case.

We had a good lunch paying a correct price. We did never return there only because it was a little out of our usual path, and there were too many options everywhere.

Favorite Dish: I had a very good Tuna in Algarve style.

Contreras: In the beach

Monte Gordo - Portugal

Amongst the three restaurants in the beach this was our last option.

Why?

Because it supplied the poorest information of them all - no menu, no prices, just a place to sit and... to risk.

Well, we ended well served, eating a "Cataplana" that, as expected, cost a little more than the average meal, and demanded a little more work (and dirt) smashing the shells.

Overall, the impression of our single visit was positive.

Favorite Dish: Cataplana de Marisco

Barca dos Sabores: Take away

Monte Gordo - Portugal

This was my favorite take-away in Monte Gordo. Only three different dishes, well chosen, cooked and charged. It has only a couple of tables, betting mainly in take-away. It was a perfect solution to grab a dinner while returning home from the beach.

Jaime: Great Menu

Monte Gordo - Portugal

Very well located, it was Fernanda's top choice.

Variety, good quality, regular price, the only problem is being always full (at least the esplanade), with service delaying a little.

Favorite Dish: Grilled shrimps

Instant Answers: Monte Gordo

Comments

Monte Gordo Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Monte Gordo restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Monte Gordo sightseeing.