Praia da Rocha Tourist Traps

Most Recent Tourist Traps in Praia da Rocha

• Beware the Gypsies in black selling cigarretes!

by Devonish Updated Jan 4, 2008

Me and my husband been to praia da rocha for christmas and new year. My husband is a smoker and all the smokers know how expensive cigarretes can be! But one evening taking a walk in praia da rocha, a misterious man in black came up... he had a long black beard, black clothes and a was wearing a black beret on his head. he offered us any cigarretes we wanted for 20 euros a packet! we agreed, and later on came back to pick the cigarretes in exchange of the money. Now... this guy brought another guy with him, dressed exactly the same way!seriously. I got a bit frightened but the exchange proceeded as agreed. the guy gave us the box but it took time to open and it was empty...! the con merchants only spent €3.45 to buy a sample of the product (superkings) and got 100 euros in exchange. Also, beware the the guy offered us his con vey near the police station in praia da rocha (i think this makes the victims comfortable) .

Unique Suggestions: If you happen to get conned dont go after these guys. they seem dangerous enough and i think they probably carry knifes and stuff!

Fun Alternatives: Buy cigarretes in spain just in the border, at a place called Ayamonte. They are a little bit cheaper than €3.45. Have a nice holiday!

• Work Abroad

• AWH's Profile Photo

TIME SHARE TICKET TOUTS

by AWH Updated Aug 2, 2003

Watch our for the nice girlie offering you an opportunity to have a free scratch card. I won the top prize, they wanted to whisk us all off to Alvor to look at a complex. I wouldnt visit the Algarve again certainly wouldnt buy a time share!

Unique Suggestions: Ignore them!

Instant Answers: Praia da Rocha

Comments

Praia da Rocha Tourist Traps

Reviews and photos of Praia da Rocha tourist traps posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Praia da Rocha sightseeing.

View all Praia da Rocha hotels