Places to eat in Algarve

Most Viewed Restaurants in Algarve

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo

Pont'a Pe Bar: Downtown Aljezur

by Bwana_Brown Updated Jun 26, 2004

At the end of our second day in Aljezur we were ready for a solid meal after our drive south to Cape St. Vincent, Portimao, our southern beach, Monchique and finally Mt. Foia! We cruised around checking places out and eventually pulled onto a street that ran beside this restaurant. However, it was a one-way street that very quickly took us on past the restaurant and into the old section of Aljezur. Before we knew it, were were going up very steep and narrow cobbled streets that seemed to be turning into a maze with no escape! I was thankful for the tiny size of our Fiat Punto before we were done - we eventually came out the other side of town very high up, emerging at the Moorish castle ruins overlooking the town! Luckily we had visited there the day before so knew where we were and how to get back to town. On the next pass we pulled into the restaurant parking lot across the little brook and beside the supermarket!

Favorite Dish: See the next Tip

• freya_heaven's Profile Photo

O Marinheiro: Cliff Richards Favourite Haunt!!

by freya_heaven Updated Jun 2, 2004

We were recommended this restaurant by the Villa owners. It was a wonderful restaurant, not particularly cheap but great food & a lovely atmosphere. We came here New Years Eve & saw the New Year in here, Great fun! We then returned again the following week.

Apparently Cliff Richard eats here! Well my mother was impressed even if you are not (~_~)

• cmak's Profile Photo

Restaurante Grill 54: More seafood, now with good view

by cmak Updated Apr 6, 2004

This restaurant is good mainly because of its location, not easy to get too, if you hate uphill walking! It is located at (almost) the top of the cliff! Next to Church of Santana. But it offers great views (front page Beach photo taken here :P) and the food is offered at excellent value! 5Euro for a plate of grilled sardines, and same for a plate of Chicken Piri Piri, the hottest piri dish I've tasted in the Algarve!

Favorite Dish: Chicken Piri Piri, cheap and the piri piri is a real challenge! I managed to down the whole plate without a tear! :P

Grande murhala: Chinese restraunt-Grande murhala

by rob-craig Updated Dec 22, 2002

Now I am not really a one for chinese food but my family are so fair do to the Grande murhala in Alvor because this beats them all.
    Victors restaurant in Praia da rocha also is there at the top of my list too.
    The staff here were very friendly and helpful they also knew how too keep the kids amused when they started to get tired (or was it the other way around? I will never know)
    We actually ordered a take away by phone one night and they remembered who I was and what meal I ordered.You can sit outside on a large upstairs patio and watch the crowd below you passing by

Favorite Dish: At the Grande Murhala I usually started with the Hot sour soup then either a beef or pork curry with superb light egg fried rice.My daughter enjoyed the beef hot pot and my four year old son the CHIPS!!!and of course the ice cream

Pizzaria Gaby: A nice pizza or spaghetti bols

by rob-craig Written Oct 16, 2002

Inside or out ,this pizzaria is situated on a shopping street where you can (as we did)sit outside in a reasonably quiet location an watch as the locals go about their day to day business also watch the tourists adding their charm to this place.

Favorite Dish: Here I had a mixed salad to start,then a seafood pizza to follow .My friend had prawn coctail and spaghetti bolongaise.There was also a childrens menu to satisfy my little ones

• rob-craig's Profile Photo

Restaurante 'JU'.: Restaurante 'JU'.

by rob-craig Written Aug 26, 2002

Excellent prices for lots of quality fresh seafood. beware of the local feline population though as they can be very persuasive to have your fish for their lunch.

Favorite Dish: Fresh 'catch of the day' sea bass.
    plenty of salad those black olives and a glass of Mateus of course.
    Specialities include 'cataplanas' and grilled fish.

Taj palace: Taj palace

by rob-craig Written Aug 26, 2002

More upmarket than most of the other indian restraunts that I've visited here which reflects in a somewhat slightly inflated price but well worth it.

Favorite Dish: Meat samosas,with tandoori chicken,mushroom bhaji and any HOT!! curry and I mean ~# H-O-T #~ oh yeah and a nan bread and lets have a couple of them popadpm things as well and some pilau rice and oh yes another beer please in fact make it two !

• hundertmorgen's Profile Photo

Sol Nascente: Nice place at a very touristic spot

by hundertmorgen Written Sep 4, 2005

Although this place is a very touristic spot, we liked it very much. We do not think that the prices were too high and it was nice to recognice that also local people came here.

• Wine Tasting
    • Beer Tasting

• hundertmorgen's Profile Photo

Cachoa: Galeria Restaurant

by hundertmorgen Updated Sep 4, 2005

Fine Dining 5 minutes out of Lagos.

This was the absolutely best restaurant. Exquisite and very varied kitchen in a wonderful ambience.

Open Wednesday to Sunday from 6.30 pm

Favorite Dish: everything

• Wine Tasting

• Gerrem's Profile Photo

Ruina: Fresh seafood with great view

by Gerrem Written Jun 18, 2005

On top of the ruin you have a great view over the beach and the sea.

Favorite Dish: I ate salmon steak. It was great!!!

• freya_heaven's Profile Photo

Cafe Ingles: Homely Restaurant

by freya_heaven Updated May 28, 2004

Lovely restaurant, we had lunch here. Friendly service and enjoyable food in comfortable surroundings.

What more could you ask for!

• The Fresh Fish, the air & the people....

by zeuscanthearu Written Mar 8, 2004

Favorite Dish: Didn't know what I wanted nor was I expecting what I got but it was all very delecious. Besides the food, you can expect to find "Mr. Bean" serving you.

NANA'S BAR: Friendly locals

by rob-craig Written Oct 11, 2002

A friendly bar where you can meet local people rather than a mass of tourists

Favorite Dish: A good pint and cheap too

See nearby hotels
Caldas de Monchique Hotels
1 Review - 13 Photos

Instant Answers: Algarve

Comments

Algarve Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Algarve restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Algarve sightseeing.
Map of Algarve