Sagres Warnings and Dangers

Most Recent Warnings and Dangers in Sagres

• miketrudeau's Profile Photo

Watch the Waves...

by miketrudeau Written Jun 6, 2005

Sometimes the waves crashing into the beach can get pretty big and violent. As grand as they look, it's not pleasant to be dragged underwater with your face in the sand, or smashed to pieces on razor-sharp rocks. Be CAREFUL when you swim.

• miketrudeau's Profile Photo

Don't Forget Your Trunks!

by miketrudeau Updated Apr 14, 2005

Me in my Undies on a beach in Sagres

I guess this is a warning that only fools like me should heed. Make sure to bring a swimsuit if you visit Sagres! I forgot mine so ended up relaxing on the beach in my underwear. Good thing I wear boxer-briefs! Kind of embarassing, but I got over it. Even so, I felt like a bit of a chump (especially when talking to girls!).

• Surfing
    • Beaches

• Carmela71's Profile Photo

fishermans

by Carmela71 Updated Nov 5, 2004

While visiting the cape you will see many fisherman on the cliffs (I think that’s very dangerous, but I guess they are used), The water was calm today, but imagine on a rough day!!!! With this boat ….

• Carmela71's Profile Photo

Read the signs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Carmela71 Updated Nov 5, 2004

it is dangerous to get near to the end of the cliffs, even if all we do it to get a better shot, well I normally do not get too close due to the vertigo hehehe.

I am surprise not more people get killed there as there is no protection, but in that case it will not look as nice

• Faracy's Profile Photo

cliffs

by Faracy Updated Jul 27, 2004
    looking straight down

Perhaps in a previous life I died by going over a cliff. I´m really leary of them, in a motherly way. This area is full of shear cliffs. I would not take small children here... I think it would just give me heart failure thinking about what (could) happen. I´ve also heard that the beaches a little farther up the coast have dangerous undertows...
    But if I were already dead.. hey, what an excellent place to rest.

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo

This is not advisible , fishing from down there.

by Waalewiener Written Apr 19, 2003

Fisherman down a cliff

Some of the local fishermen are not happy with fishing from the top of the cliff so they climb half down the cliff to find a better fishing location .
    Looked to me like a very dangerous thing to do.They would not catch me doing that.

• whooping_wombat's Profile Photo

Careful on the cliffs

by whooping_wombat Written Aug 12, 2004

I need to follow my own advice

As beautiful as it is be careful when you walk on the edge. A few years ago a German tourist fell off of the edge and was killed. The rocks can be slippery, especially if it has rained.

• Eco-Tourism
    • Hiking and Walking
    • Adventure Travel

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo

Please be careful when you walk near edge of cliff

by Waalewiener Written Apr 20, 2003

Hans on the Rocks

This picture will show you what NOT to do when you visit this area , you can really get close to the edge of these high and steep cliffs
    But please don't do what I did, it is a long way down.

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo

Two fishermen fishing from a dangerous location.

by Waalewiener Written Apr 19, 2003

Two men fishing of cliff

Two local fishermen fishing from somewhere down a steep cliff . I have no idea how they get down the cliff.
    A pretty dangerous way to catch some fish.

Instant Answers: Sagres

Comments

Sagres Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Sagres warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Sagres sightseeing.