Some road distances to Barcelos from:
- Porto: 62 kms.
- Madrid (Spain): 591 kms.
- Amsterdam (Holland): 2.068 kms.
- Napoli (Italy): 2.562 kms.
- Graz (Austria): 2.645 kms.
Checking the website, you can find more road distances together with the driving times and the best route.
It's very easy to go to Barcelos from Porto, although I must tell you that it takes a while.
Once in Porto, go to either São Bento station (in the centre) or Campanhã (so, it's better São Bento). There, you have to take an urban train to a place called Nine using the Braga line (linha in portuguese); it takes around 50 minutes. From that town, you have to take a regional train to Barcelos (the same line that goes to Viana do Castelo), and on this occasion, the trip takes around 15 minutes. The "problem" is that sometimes you have to wait for 20-40 minutes to take the mentioned regional train.
When you leave the station in Barcelos, you have to take Avenida Alcaldes de Feira, and after walking around ten minutes, you will reach the centre of the city.
The link is for the portuguese railway network, and the pics, show:
- Main: The landscape I saw from the train between Nine and Barcelos.
- 2nd: Barcelos train station (outside)
- 3rd: Barcelos train station (inside)
- 4th: Nine train station (outside)
- 5th: Nine train station (inside)