Guimarães Shopping

by micas_pt

Most Recent Shopping in Guimarães

Kyaia Outlet Factory Store: Fly London shoes

by micas_pt Written Sep 8, 2011

For all Fly London shoes fans: Fly London shoes are made in Portugal, near Guimarães. The company is named Kyaia. The best news: they have a outlet store where they sell previous seasons for only as low as 35 Euro/ pair (women's shoes). Sometimes, there isn't a lot of choice concerning sizes/ colours/ models, it all depends on season and visitors. I'd been warned that I wouldn't find anything that would fit me (small) but I was stubborn and insisted on visiting, and I was so happy: I managed to buy 2 pairs of Fly London shoes for only 70 Euro!! :)

The factory is situated in a small village outside Guimarães: Penselo. The village is easy to find, but the factory wasn't, we had to ask several times for directions. Finally we found it. The correct name for the village is Penselo, but I found it spelled online as Pencelo (pronnounciation in Portuguese is the same for both versions).

What to pay: 35 Euro/ pair of shoes or sandals. 20 Euro/ small leather bag. (August 2011)

• micas_pt's Profile Photo

-: Used books and flea market

by micas_pt Updated Sep 8, 2011

Pra��a da Oliveira

Under the stone arcades between Praça de Santiago and Praça da Oliveira you will find a small flea market (just about 2 or 3 different vendors). The biggest choice is for used books, as the vendor has a very long table covered with diverse books.

There is also a vendor with house stuff where, if you are lucky, you will find some nice deal or apparell. Also, there was someone selling (new) clothes.

Notice that I visited this square on a Saturday afternoon so I cannot say whether the small flea market takes place every day or only on weekends or just Saturdays. But I did have a nice time there browsing through the books.

Guimarães Shopping: Shopping Centre

by micas_pt Updated Sep 8, 2011

Guimarães has a big shopping centre on the outskirts of the city (www.guimaraeshopping.pt).

The shopping centre, opened every day between 10am and 10pm or 11pm (weekends), offers a wide variety of shops, of main makes and chains (don’t expect to find typical commerce there). Examples of makes you may find there are Massimo Dutti, Levi's Store, Mango, United Colours of Benetton, Salsa, Imaginarium toy store, Hussel, Fnac or Portuguese bookstore Bertrand. Also, concerning food main fast food chains are present – such as McDonald’s or Pizza Hut.

This shopping centre has free parking facilities and 6 cinemas exhibiting the recent movies. Cinema billboard here, updated every Thursday: http://www.castellolopescinemas.com/site/cinemas.php, choose Guimarães.

There is also Guimarães Fórum, another big shopping centre, coincidently with Castello Lopes cinemas (5), the same as in Guimarães Shopping, check the previous link and choose Espaço Guimarães.

Feel free to watch any movie in Portugal, as we don't double the sound; the sound is the original and we add portuguese sub-titles.

• evilprebil's Profile Photo

Nice selection

by evilprebil Written Nov 5, 2006

the dog that helped me shop for tiles

I think Guimaraes has a lot of great shops that have quality and affordable products. There were two great stores on Rua de Santa Maria with tiles (especially Prometeu Artesanato) and other ceramics. Everywhere we explored there seemed to variety of great shops so I highly reccomend spending some time and energy here.

Instant Answers: Guimarães

Comments

Guimarães Shopping

Reviews and photos of Guimarães shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Guimarães sightseeing.