Covilhã Warnings and Dangers

Near the Top of the Serra da Estrela
    by Bwana_Brown
    Eugénia and her snow ball
    by NunoF
  • Warnings and Dangers
    by NunoF

Most Recent Warnings and Dangers in Covilhã

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo

A Battered Landscape

by Bwana_Brown Updated Aug 24, 2004

Near the Top of the Serra da Estrela

This barren granite landscape is what you will see as you go even higher into the Serra da Estrela. The highest peak in the range is 1993 m (6539 ft) but, by Royal decree, a small tower was built there to raise its height to 2000 m so Portugal could claim at least one peak with that height. Naturally, the place is known as Torre! Our detour into the Zezere River valley took us off the longer route that goes by this highest peak of the range.

Before we descended from our personal high point on this ridge above Covilha, we stopped to admire the very different views from what we had seen before in Portugal. The remnants of the morning's rain clouds were still scudding low and occassional clouds would sweep past us as we stood there admiring the scene.

• micas_pt's Profile Photo

Parking in non-authorized places

by micas_pt Written Feb 23, 2004

While visiting Covilhã by car you should be extra careful regarding parking your car. On the city centre there are a few authorized parking spaces, and the police will fine all cars parked outside these places. If you are driving a long car be careful when you venture into the oldest neighbourhoods, as streets are very narrow and in some places only one car can go through.

• NunoF's Profile Photo

Roads ...

by NunoF Written Dec 31, 2003

When traveling in this region the first thing that you see is the bad roads. Many of them are located in the interior of the mountain and they very strait... Sometimes it's dificult for 2 cars pass side by side.

• NunoF's Profile Photo

Pictures...

by NunoF Written Dec 31, 2003

Eug��nia and her snow ball

Be careful when you take pictures :)) On this picture I was trying to take a picture to my friend Eugénia, but she was trying (at the same time) to transform me into a target heheheh After I take this picture I had only a few seconds to hide my camera before that snow ball reach me

• Be careful when you go the...

by Elizabete Written Oct 4, 2002

Be careful when you go the local fairs, there are many pick pocketors there. If they know your a tourists they will charge you a higher price, So look around first to get prices then buy what you want. Always bargain!!!!!!!

Instant Answers: Covilhã

Comments

Covilhã Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Covilhã warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Covilhã sightseeing.