Coimbra What to Pack

Most Recent What to Pack in Coimbra

• acemj's Profile Photo

Bring plenty of film

by acemj Updated Mar 8, 2003

Photo Equipment: This was my first trip with my new digital camera. I was resistant to the idea of purchasing a digital (I guess I'm a bit of a purist), but after using it on this trip, I'm a convert! I have a Nikon Coolpix 2500, which is just a basic 2 megapixel camera that is all I need for web page building. It's also small enough to put in my pocket which comes in handy when it rains. I carry my SLR in a backpack and every time it rained I had to pack it back up, but with the digital, it's easy to just slip it into the pocket of my raincoat and move on.
    I still love my SLR, but I highly recommend a digital as well!

• Ruthy2001's Profile Photo

Packing List

by Ruthy2001 Written Aug 25, 2002

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Hiking

Miscellaneous: If you are visiting Coimbra in May you may need to bring a new liver or an economy size box of paracetemol...

The reason being that May is party time for the students of Coimbra, rather bizzarely for us it is just before exam time but basically the penultimate students organise huge parties.
    There is a procession into town and all the various faculties decorate a van in the colours of their department. They then fill the van with as much alcohol as it can take and walk through the streets handing it out to by-standers...

• Packing List

by knuthv Written Aug 24, 2002

Luggage and bags: Dont bring much; the shopping is not the most refined, but good regarding leather products (you get the 1000 dollar gucci leather jackets here under a different brand for a little over 200 dollars), shoes
    womens underwear.

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Good shoes, you should see the university (at least for the view) and its situatd on the top. In the summertime its very hot here, like most of the interior portugal.

• acilina's Profile Photo

Packing List

by acilina Written Aug 25, 2002

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Camping

Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: If you go to Óbidos in summer, don't foget your swimming suit and enjoy the Foz do Arelho beach or the Óbidos Lagoon.

Instant Answers: Coimbra

Comments

Coimbra What to Pack

Reviews and photos of Coimbra what to pack posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Coimbra sightseeing.