People, Évora

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo

An Orange Surprise

by Bwana_Brown Updated Aug 27, 2004

Fresh Oranges

After a long day's drive north from the southern Algarve coast, followed by a hot afternoon walking the busy streets of Evora, my wife and I were enjoying a relaxing sitdown in our cool ground floor room at the Pensao Graca. We only heard the slightest noise at one of our open windows and, by the time we checked to see what it was, we simply found two fresh oranges sitting there on the ledge!

The Graca has a large walled back garden, with several orange trees growing in full splendor. We can only surmise that one of the staff had walked by and placed some fresh produce on our window sill as a 'Welcome' sign.

We were very impressed with this gesture, and made sure to take these oranges with us for the next part of our trip - to Monsaraz the next day! I had visions of another "out of this world" orange such as I had eaten during our stay in Aljezur on the Algarve!

• micas_pt's Profile Photo

Orange Trees

by micas_pt Updated Apr 12, 2004

All over Alentejo region, and also in Évora, you will find orange trees in the streets and backyards. Being a bigger city, it is not that frequent any more to find the orange trees on Évora’s streets, but you will find plenty on private houses and backyards. Even on restaurants and open air cafes you will notice them, as is the case of this one on my photo – it is situated in Restaurant dos Lóios (inside Convent of Lóios) where there is a pleasant garden with open air tables in the shadow of these and other trees.

• johnsakura's Profile Photo

Sociedade Harmonia Eborense terrace

by johnsakura Written Jun 14, 2003

evora portugal

Go to number 72 on the main square and you have snooker place, tvs, kung-fu, karate, dancing, and a terrace where you can chill and enjoy the beautiful view from the southern part of the city.
    On this table we are all named Joao. hehehe very typical name in Portugal, its like John in english.. I'm the second one from the right.

Instant Answers: Évora