Night walk, Évora
Integrated in the Aqueduct of the Silver Water, it was conceived to collect and distribute the aqueduct?s water. It was built in the 16th century by the architect Miguel de Arruda. Of classical design, it ressembles a small rectangular temple set on a foundation and formed by columns with no structural function. The tem columns on the three elevations ar embedded in the box and surmounted by a simple architrave.
Built between 1531 and 1537 to supply the city of Évora with water, the aqueduct is about 5 miles long and begins at the foot of the Height of St. Benedict, crossing part of the town through the Rua do Cano and the Rua do Salvador.
This is the main shopping street to buy local handicraft.
this street goes from the main square to the cathedral.