Ilha da Berlenga Favorites

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo

The Berlenga's Are Located HERE

by Bwana_Brown Updated Jun 8, 2004

The Islands are HERE

Favorite thing: We arrived in Peniche near the end of our 2500-km (1600-mile) drive around Portugal, and after we had spent the hours around noon touring the nearby town of Obidos. There is a two-lane highway leading out to Peniche on its peninsula and this changes into a very nice 4-lane highway that is not quite completed. Judging by the highway system, which was almost deserted in late May, this place must really be crowded in the summer. Although we did not have a detailed map of the town, it was not too difficult to figure out how to drive right to the dock area where most of the action in town takes place.

• solopes's Profile Photo

Berlenga as "a Religion"

by solopes Updated Feb 8, 2011

Photo by Luis

Favorite thing: Some of my friends visit Berlenga several times a year, each year, sometimes spending there a entire week. The strength of pure nature and fishing facilities turn Berlenga into a sort of religion for them.

Some other lovers try to capture the whole of the island, and take it back with them. Luis Silva, from Ribamar, is someone I don't know, but that made the best photo collection I ever saw about the Island. Even without understanding Portuguese, surfing his page is the best way to get a clear idea of what to expect. Just follow the link berlengas.no.sapo.pt

• National/State Park
    • Eco-Tourism
    • Beaches

• sleep at berlengas

by duendeska Updated May 31, 2011

Favorite thing: Hello. I'm sorry because my english is not good but I try to write well. :) Anyone knows if for sleep at Berlenga's camping it must have autoritation or any similar?

thanks a lot!

Fondest memory: Hello. I'm sorry because my english is not good but I try to write well. :) Anyone knows if for sleep at Berlenga's camping it must have autoritation or any similar?

thanks a lot!

Instant Answers: Ilha da Berlenga

Comments

Ilha da Berlenga Favorites

Reviews and photos of Ilha da Berlenga favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Ilha da Berlenga sightseeing.

View all Ilha da Berlenga hotels