Nazaré Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Nazaré

Madeira: To verify

by solopes Updated Apr 29, 2014

Madeira Restaurant - Nazar��

With grilled sardines in mind, I went to Nazaré yesterday, knowing, for sure, that it would be easy to park facing Fontemar, the restaurant in Sítio where I use to eat them. Well, it was too easy - Fontemar was closed, and I had to find another place in the area. Only a few meters from the parking, we had noticed a new restaurant, or a restaurant with a new image, and decided to try it.
    Madeira seems to be a mid class restaurant, betting in a reasonable quality, at an equivalent price.
    The restaurant has a modern and clean look, the service was gentle, but too slow. When we entered only two couples were eating, leaving soon, and no one else entered, which means that we were the only customers served by the kitchen during our presence. We almost decided to eat a seafood rice, but, having in mind that it generally takes 20/30 minutes to prepare, we replaced it by a seafood "açorda" easy to make in less than 10 minutes. However, we had to wait for more than half an hour to be served.
    What will happen in summer with a full house?
    The food was tasty, and the pot serving it full of... bread. So much bread, that the seafood, well represented by 10 good shrimps topping everything, almost disappeared.
    The final price of 17€ each was acceptable, but before any kind of recommendation I need to check this restaurant again.

• solopes's Profile Photo

Picnic areas: "The best" for many

by solopes Updated Jan 7, 2014

S��tio da Nazar�� (place 1) - Portugal

Many visitors of Nazaré skip the restaurants, preferring a picnic in the surrounding pine forests (Some other go expressly for picnics, skipping also the beach). There are several restrictions that must be scrupulously respected, but a few places are prepared for a shared occupation.

In my "off the beaten path" I will suggest the best of them.

• Eco-Tourism

• solopes's Profile Photo

Taberna d'Adélia: Long lines for food

by solopes Updated Dec 22, 2013

Nazar�� - Portugal

This is one of the most promoted restaurants by the regular gourmets. And it is good. But I never had a good experience there. Several times I went there and gave up, considering the crowds waiting outside.

Once, we decided to wait, and... the wait sitting at the table was even longer than standing; we ordered a soup that didn't come. And the food, maybe because we were tired and mad with the service, didn't justify the waiting.

Some of our friends keep saying that it is the best. Maybe. Not for us. Yet!

Once again I passed by the door, watched the waiting lines, and moved for a good lunch in S. Miguel. Without lines...

Favorite Dish: Cataplana

Sardinha: Disappointed

by solopes Updated Dec 30, 2012

Nazar�� - Portugal

This restaurant was suggested as one of the best places to eat sardines.

As a matter of fact, I didn't appreciate it much: the only time we went there we arrived late, after many costumers and, maybe because we caught the last sardines, maybe because people was exhausted, things didn't work well.

Maybe in a next visit, but, with so many good places, I don't know when.

Fonte Mar: Popular and good

by solopes Updated Oct 15, 2012

Nazar�� - Portugal

For several days I was telling Fernanda that we should go somewhere (Nazaré of course) and eat sardines. It happened yesterday, but, for our surprise, there were not many places to do it with the desired quality. Someone advised us to try a restaurant in Sítio, which was closed. We decided to try the esplanade of Fonte Mar, where the displayed sardines looked good. And they were very good. Everything perfect (except the company of some flies) lots of sympathy, and cheap price.

Many more times I went there always pleased, but last sunday we decided to try another restaurant, famous for its sardines.

Failed!

Maybe because we arrived late, the sardines were not so good. Fonte Mar remains in good position.

Favorite Dish: Grilled sardines

Maresia: Pricy

by solopes Updated Oct 15, 2012

Nazar�� - Portugal

Maresia is the Portuguese word to define the salty and wet breeze that comes from the sea.
    Maresia is also the name of a well placed restaurant, facing the sea.

For several decades I never was temped to try it, but it happened recently.

Well, it conformed my expectations - it is a regular restaurant that bets in location to charge in excess.

I had a grilled bass - it would be cheap if it was caught in the sea, but it was very expensive for a fish from aquaculture, as it was.

Fernanda had a "Caldeirada", tasting nothing, she said.

It would be a regular meal for half the price that we payd.

Sao Miguel: Balcony of Nazare

by solopes Updated Sep 11, 2012

Nazar�� - Portugal

Located right on the beach, in the best bathing area, this restaurant is the best for formal or party meals. The sights are wonderful, and the food uses to follow the sights. Trying to stay competitive, the restaurant defined two standards of quality, one for each stage.

I confess that I never used the lower (and cheaper) one, because anytime I go there is to enjoy the pleasure of a good lunch or dinner, and the top floor gives me full guaranties.

The only problem is common in Nazare - parking. So, be prepared to walk to and from the restaurant.

I keep on going there, and always pleased. It risks to become MY restaurant in Nazaré.

Favorite Dish: Caldeirada de Lagosta com Robalo
    Bife Pimenta
    Bacalhau a Sao Miguel
    And. lately, Cataplana de Peixe

O Bartidor: Serious service

by solopes Updated Sep 11, 2012

Nazar�� - Portugal

After some bad experiences eating in Nazaré (too much concern about serving lots of tourists and be payed above the quality of food and service) I tried Bartidor, and enjoyed it.

As I used to, I became faithful, and use it often in my visits to Nazaré. Is a small common restaurant, but I always found the quality and the service above average local standards at a fair price.

Its location, just beside main square, makes it ideal for anyone who is in Nazaré, though a little problematic for those who go to Nazare because of parking difficulties. But that is a general problem in town.

Favorite Dish: Massada de Peixe

A Fornalha: Meat in Nazare

by solopes Updated Sep 7, 2012

Nazar�� - Portugal

Eating fish in Nazare is a great experience, either if you taste sardines, caldeirada or anything else (and control the invoice). Sometimes, specially if you travel with kids, someone has to eat meat. And there, Nazare is not so secure, in terms of quality.

I know only a small list of restaurants where the quality of meat dishes equals fish ones. One of them is a Fornalha. Standing in the hills, for those coming by car it has the advantages of easier parking. For those coming by foot, it's harder to reach, but, if meat is mandatory it is worth the effort.

Favorite Dish: Fondue

• Martin_S.'s Profile Photo

Seafood+Beef shiskabobs and breakfast

by Martin_S. Written Oct 24, 2011
    Dinner seakebobs and beefkabobs, Nazare, Portugal

For dinner, being near the sea and all I thought that I would try the seafood (shirmps in this case) shishkabobs.
    As you can see in the photo it was nicely presented on its "hanger". If you are a big eater, as I am, you may need to order two of these.
    This was NOT an exceptional dish, and most of the numerous restaurants that we looked into that line the street near the waterfront, looked to be similar.

As for breakfast the next day, as you can see in the second photo, we had no luck there, only two small bakeries open and what little they had to offer for breakfast left us very ready for lunch later in the day.

Cafe.Com

As we stayed 3 days in Nazare just before the VT Euromeet in Cascais, we felt the need to check the internet for the latest news about the meeting.

We found Cafe.Com more by chance than on purpose, but it was just the perfect place to go online.

They have about 7 computers and are open from 10:00 h until 23:00 h; on Fridays and Saturdays even until 24:00 h.

Cafe Pastelaria Lanchonete

Cafe Pastelaria Lanchonete

The Cafe Pastelaria Lanchonete at the Church of Nossa Senhora da Nazare is a typical Portuguese snack bar. It offers a selection of snacks from sandwiches to pastries.

The snack bar has a small outdoor terrace facing the square Largo Nossa Senhora da Nazare and therefore offers a good view towards the large square as well as the church of the same name.

I had a toast with ham and cheese (2,50 Euro) and a peach juice (1,20 Euro) here. This was just the perfect selection for a late morning.

The Cafe Pastelaria Lanchonete at the Church of Nossa Senhora da Nazare is situated in Sitio, which is the district on top of the cliffs of Nazare.

Restaurant Ribamar

by HORSCHECK Updated Feb 27, 2011

Beefsteak Ribamar

On our last evening in Nazare we had dinner in the Restaurant Ribamar, which is part of the Guesthouse of the same name.

It doesn't have an outdoor terrace, but the large restaurant is facing the sea. We chose a table at the window and perused the menu, which offers a wide range of fish dishes as well as many Portuguese traditional specialities.

I ordered the Beefsteak Ribamar for 9,90 Euro and a local beer for 2 Euro. The beefsteak was covered with a fried egg and the sides (salad and fries) came on a seperate plate.

My dish was yummy and quite filling. The staff was attentive and helpful.

Cafe Bar Ze do Anibal

by HORSCHECK Updated Feb 27, 2011

Grilled pork (Febras Grelhadas)

The Cafe Bar Ze do Anibal is probably a typical tourist place in the city centre of Nazare. As we were there in May, the place was still relatively empty.

They have a large outdoor terrace facing the busy square Pc. Sousa Oliveira. It is just perfect for people watching.

The multilingual menu offers a bit of everything from salads and pizza to meat and fish dishes.

I chose the grilled pork (Febras Grelhadas) which came with french fries and salad. The portion was large and yummy. The bill for the dish and a beer (Super Bock) was 9,75 Euro.

Taberna d'Adelia

Potuguese cod (Bacalhau)

We were quite hungry on our first evening in Nazare, so we strolled around the town centre looking for a decent restaurant. We spotted Restaurant Taberna d'Adelia and decided to give it a try.

As it was off season, the restaurant was still empty at around 19:30 h, whereas it is said to be fully booked in high season.

The interior is decorated with old photographs and all sorts of memorabilia from the local fishing industry.

The menu offers a wide range of excellent seafood; other dishes are available as well. The prices are a bit upscale, but the restaurant offers good food for the price range.

To start we shared some Portuguese toasts (Torrada). As main dish I opted for a Potuguese cod (Bacalhau), which came with potatoes. It was very tasty and with 11,00 Euro reasonably priced.

Instant Answers: Nazaré

Comments

Nazaré Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Nazaré restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Nazaré sightseeing.