Cabo da Roca Warnings and Dangers

Most Recent Warnings and Dangers in Cabo da Roca

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Wind Warning

by grandmaR Updated Feb 17, 2008

Expect strong winds when looking down from the cliff-top.

Here I'm showing my one year old niece a puppy. She was susceptible to ear-aches, so we had to keep her well wrapped up away from the wind. There's a lot of wind in this area - even some windmills. The wind was so strong at the top of the castle in Sintra that it blew my pocketbook away from my body!! Beaches here are becoming popular for windsurfing and the like.

In the second photo I'm propping her up on one leg (she's heavy) so that she can say in later years that she has seen the westernmost point.

My sister took the photos - we found that we couldn't take pictures if we were holding the baby, so we took turns.

Me and my niece
    • Beaches
    • Eco-Tourism

• gubbi1's Profile Photo

Watch out for VTers!

by gubbi1 Updated Feb 24, 2010

Beware when being at Cabo da Roca! Keep an eye on bus loads of VTers. They might jump out jam the place and have great fun there! Your only choice will be to take part... :)

Euromeet 09, Cabo da Roca, PT Euromeet 09, Cabo da Roca, PT Euromeet 09, Cabo da Roca, PT Euromeet 09, Cabo da Roca, PT Euromeet 09, Cabo da Roca, PT

• TinKan's Profile Photo

Windy and wet days

by TinKan Written Dec 5, 2002

Please be careful on windy and wet days, as the cliff edge is slick.
    There were 3 people that slipped off the edge in the few years that we were there and it is a long way to the bottom.

long way down
    • Hiking and Walking
    • Beaches

Instant Answers: Cabo da Roca

Comments

Cabo da Roca Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Cabo da Roca warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Cabo da Roca sightseeing.