Cascais Restaurants

Suet's Grilled Sardines
    by LoriPori

Most Recent Restaurants in Cascais

• fairy_dust's Profile Photo

Many cafes and bakeries in town: Coffee and pasteis

by fairy_dust Written Jan 6, 2014

Friday morning, I needed something quick to eat before catching the bus to Lisbon for the Belem tour. So I found a little cafe on the way to the train station and had a coffee and Portuguese pastry for breakfast. The place was quiet and there weren't a lot of people. The food was delicious, but then again, all portuguese pastries are delicious! And it wasn't very expensive either.

Beefeater Sports Bar: Watching the Sports

by pieter_jan_v Updated Jul 23, 2013

The Beefeater Sports Bar is owned by ohn & Grace Chidlow and Derek & Nicky McIvor. the place is in operation since the early 1990's. 5 Giant screens display the major sports games.
    The first floor is a cosy place to be if your prefer an English background.

There's an Internet terminal, but the special keys where all mixed up (quiet a challenge to send an email if you have to look for the @ key).

The food can be enjoyed at the terrace in front at the square; even typical English breakfasts.

Events, games and quizes are organised on a regular basis.

All days: 10AM - 2AM

• Beer Tasting
    • Wine Tasting

Jardim Cerveja: A German touch

by pieter_jan_v Updated Jul 15, 2013
    Jardim Cerveja

The Jardim Cerveja (or Biergarten) is a local restaurant/bar at the edge of the city park.

The building is setup in a German Biergarten style with a large open air terrace at the park side.

Open: Noon - 2AM.

• Beer Tasting

McDonald's: Burgers in town

by pieter_jan_v Updated Jul 15, 2013
    VT early meeting birds at McDonald's

There are several McDonald's restaurants in Cascais. I visited the most central one at the corner of Valbom. The terrace is an excellent location for people watching.
    There's Wi-Fi available.

Favorite Dish: A nice icecream.

• Hiking and Walking

• Maurizioago's Profile Photo

Restaurante Dom Pedro I.: A small and nice restaurant.

by Maurizioago Updated Nov 19, 2012

This restaurant serves very good food. It has a dining room decorated with beautiful azulejos and a small terrace if you like to eat outside. The service was good.

Favorite Dish: At Dom Pedro I they have a menu of the day that includes fish or meat; vegetables, dessert, coffee and a drink. I liked everything I had there.

• slothtraveller's Profile Photo

John Bull: Just average

by slothtraveller Written Jun 19, 2012

The John Bull restaurant

I visited the John Bull restaurant on my second night in Cascais as it is situated in the main square of town and the area had a good atmosphere with lots of bars and restaurants, music and some fun characters.
    I don't know whether it is a North European hang-up I have but I was not at all keen with how close the tables were to each other in this place. I like to have my own space but felt like I was sitting at someone elses table at one point because the tables were so close together. I ordered the hake as it is not a fish I had previously tried before. The meal was OK but nothing fancy. The dish wasn't presented at all well and I felt like the whole eating experience was quite rushed and disappointing. The prices were quite cheap so I guess this is just a case of getting what you pay for. I didn't like the look of some of the dishes brought to other diners either.
    The plus point was that they had a TV showing the football from back home in England so I took my time enjoying my beer and watched that. I wouldn't return to this restaurant and would urge anyone wanting to eat here to try the Palm Tree restaurant in the same square. The food, service and authencity of the experience was a lot better there.

Favorite Dish: The beer was good.

• slothtraveller's Profile Photo

Palmtree International Pub/Restaurant: A Cascais Favourite!

by slothtraveller Written May 23, 2012

Piri-Piri Chicken at the Palmtree

The Palmtree can be found in one of the main squares in Cascais amongst many other restaurants and bars. I found that the Palmtree had the best atmosphere of all the restaurants I used in Cascais. This was mainly due to the great hospitality of the staff, especially Bruno, whose welcoming personality and professionalism was fantastic. Also the restaurant is next to where the buskers often play in the evening so traditional Portuguese music is also not far away!
    The food at the Palmtree was delicious and the beer was very good too. I ate there on two occasions, one of which was my last evening in Cascais, as I enjoyed the food and ambience so much. There are loads of options on the menu I would love to have had time to try. I guess that means I will have to make a return trip to this great restaurant one day!

Favorite Dish: I enjoyed the Bitoque- a small fillet steak sauteed with garlic served with a fried egg on top and chips. It was very tasty and different to how I have had steak served before.
    My absolute favourite though was the half roast chicken in Piri-Piri sauce. I would recommend anyone visiting Portugal to try Piri-Piri chicken at least once and the Palmtree is a great place to do this! The chicken (see photo) was served with chips and salad. I also had a side dish of onion rings which were absolutely delicious with the chicken. All this plus a beer came in at just 12 Euros. An absolute bargain for a memorable meal.

• Garbo Gazebo: Dont Go there

by Cophagen Written Jul 22, 2011

Small Swedish restaurant at a great location. Unfortunately it is a fairly rundown joint, with a service that can only be referred to as disrespectfull and terrible. The food is highly overpriced and the staff is rude and unprofessional. It's a shame since the location is great, but luckily there are other and better restaurants near by!!

Favorite Dish: The coffee is ok, the rest sucks.

Telepizza: Pizza at your doorstep

by pieter_jan_v Updated Apr 4, 2011
    Telepizza Cascais

Telepizza is a modern Pizza retaurant with delivery service.

Pizza prices range from Euro 6 through 20 depending on size and topping.

Mp-Th: Noon - 11PM
    Fr-Sa: Noon - Midnight
    Su: Noon - 11PM

Favorite Dish: Pizza.

Gelati Santini: The best icecream in town

by pieter_jan_v Updated Apr 4, 2011

Gelati Santini - Cascais

Gelati Santini has the best ice cream in Cascais.

Don't be surprised to find people queueing for a great ice cream.

There are some seats in the shop to enjoy your ice cream indoors.

Tu-Th: 11AM - 8PM
    Fr-Sa: 11AM - Midnight
    Su: 11AM - 8PM

Favorite Dish: Ice Cream

• Hiking and Walking

• LoriPori's Profile Photo

SANTINI - GELATI FINI: "THE BEST ICE CREAM IN THE WORLD"

by LoriPori Updated Apr 4, 2011

Santini - Gelati Fini

On the first day we arrived in Cascais, on a Sunday, we ventured out for a walk from our Hotel. Just down the street, we noticed a huge line-up of people ( locals and tourists alike) in front of SANTINI - GELATI FINI. They were lined up for ICE CREAM - yep ICE CREAM. We watched as smiling faces emerged with their treasure of a gelato. I asked someone, what was so good about it and she said it was "the Best Ice Cream in the World".
    So on another day, not Sunday, Hans and I, now curious, went in and bought each a gelato. I picked walnut and for 2.20 Euro I got one scoop. OK - so it was good. Certainly not worth standing in line for 20 minutes. I say they should give their promotion manager a raise.
    We did go back a second time with PJ and Swanet, as they too wanted to see what all the fuss was about this gelato.

• toonsarah's Profile Photo

Gelados Santini: Best ice cream in the world???

by toonsarah Updated Apr 4, 2011

Entrance to Santini's

If you love ice cream (and who doesn’t?) do check this place out. I was put off at first by the queues out of the door, as it was a hot day and I just wanted to sit down. Then I figured, they must know what they’re doing, so I joined the end and was pleasantly surprised to find that it was less than five minutes before I reached the front. And that five minutes was spent enjoying the little display of mementoes documenting the history of the Italian Santini family and their ice cream business here in Cascais. By the way, although the website below is in Portuguese only, you don’t need to be able to read the language to enjoy all the old photos there too.

Having reached the front of the queue you need to decide on the size of your required portion, and whether it should be a cone or a cup, and pay accordingly in advance. My medium cup, with three generous scoops, cost €3.70. You are then given a receipt which you hand to one of the several servers, and choose your flavours from the many on display. I chose almond, mango and lemon. The former was a little disappointing but the other two were excellent – so much so that I had the same again on my second visit. The lemon was sharp and refreshing, and the mango managed to retain the lightly stringy (in a good way) texture of the fruit and was packed with flavour.

There are a few tables and chairs inside, and although very busy, I was able to get one on both my visits as the majority of customers seem to come just for a cone to enjoy on their way from the station to the sea. I also spotted several local families buying whole tubs, a sure sign that the Santini family are doing something right!

Is this the best ice cream in the world, as some have claimed? Probably not, but it’s very tasty, and that’s good enough for me!

• LoriPori's Profile Photo

CHEQUERS BAR & RESTAURANT: RESTAURANT IN THE SQUARE

by LoriPori Updated Apr 4, 2011

Hansi & his giant Kebab

A group of VTers were having a bite to eat at CHECQUERS, so Hans decided to join them. Bernd was having a huge kebab on a metal skewer, so Hans says "I'll have what he's having" and they brought him also a huge beef kebab on a metal skewer hanging from a metal hanger. It had big chunks of beef, along with green peppers and sweet onion. He also got a plate of fries to go with it - all for Euro 10,99. He was very satisfied with his meal and it was way more than he could eat.

The picture featured here is courtesy and permission of Sue (Suvanki). Thanks Sue - this is an awesome pic of Hansi and His Giant Kebab.

• Xarope Restaurant: delicious modern european food!

by LindaMurray Updated Apr 4, 2011

we had such delicious food here we returned twice after our first experience. Elegant restaurant, romantic lighting (a refreshing change) & fresh food. we were getting quite sick of chips & iceberg lettuce...the girls were really lovely & there's a cocktail bar downstairs. our favourtite! & reasonable prices.

Favorite Dish: the prawns with coriander were so good, we had them each time we went.
    also loved the grilled seabass with pesto & Peter rated the beef as one of the best he's had.

• Business Travel
    • Wine Tasting

• Restaurante Dom Pedro I: Small romantic restaurant

by jas39gripen Written Mar 12, 2011

Restaurante Dom Pedro I is a small restaurant in a narrow alley near the town hall. Food was exellent and the staff very friendly. They serve local food to a nice price.

Favorite Dish: The food is typical Portugese cooking. I had a steak wich was nicely fried with all the trimmings, a lovely well made dish.

Instant Answers: Cascais

Comments

Cascais Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Cascais restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Cascais sightseeing.