The stalls of the so-called "Thieves' Market" have occupied this site on the edge of the Alfama for over a century, laid out under the shade of trees or canopies. As the fame of this flea marketha grown, bargains are increasingly hard to find almost the mass of bric-a -brack, but a few of the vendors interesting wrought-iron work, prints and tile, as well as second hand clothes.
open every Tuesday and Saturday 7:30 am - 1 pm
What to buy: Tiles, ceramics, books, collectibles
What to pay: Tiles, ceramics 1€ up to 50€ or more...
In the Alfama, this is the best flea markets of Lisbon. You can find everything and when I write everything I really mean it (azulejos, clothes, CDs, books, pottery, second hand car tires, skateboards, condoms stored under the sunlight…) The atmosphere is great and justifies the visit, especially if you like to take photos to people (pay attention, not everybody like it!). I disliked the 80% of the goods to be sold but the remaining 20% was amazingly strange and cheap. Bargaining with sellers (in a very strange language like English-Italian-Spanish) was also very funny.
What to buy: Second hand goods
Mercado da Ribeira is the most famous market in Lisbon and it has been in the same spot since the 1930s in a building opposite Cais do Sodre station. We visited relatively late in the day at lunchtime so there was little left other than the fruit stalls. There is a nice buffet restaurant upstairs where you can get a huge meal for about 6 Euro.
The Mercado da Riberira is Lisbon's most popular food and fish market. It exists since the end of the 19th century, although the current market hall dates from 1930. On the ground level is an unbelievable selection of fish, seafood, meat, vegetables, fruits and flowers on offer. The upper level is home to a sort of centre for regional art and gastronomy.It also provide nice views down to the market stalls.
The Mercado da Ribeira is opened daily from 7:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m.; except Sundays.
The Mercado da Ribeira is located just across the street from the Cais Sodre train station You can get there by Metro (station "Cais Sodre", green line) or with tram #15.
If find yourself down by the Cais do Sodre train station, look across the road and you will see the Mercado da Ribeira. This is a large market, topped with a Moorish-style dome.
The cities main food market is open from 6am, selling everything from inky octopus and fresh seafood to fabulous fruit and vegies. On Sunday mornings there is a Collectors fair.
The 2nd floor of the market has been converted into a touristy 'cultural centre' and it sells locally produced items such as port and honey, and also sells handicrafts.
Portugal wines is so much different and good, that it is worth to take a closer shot while your stay and fill your wine cellar with some good bargains.
This shop is my best choice in Lissabon
Also, they do have best shipping offers.
What to buy: All kind of Port wine, red wine, white wine, vinho verde........
The website does show only a very small part of what the shop offers.
What to pay: All kind of wines. They are able to order and deliver any wine from Portugal. They are very kind to be after it.
On Tuesdays and Saturdays it's worth to visit the Feira da Ladra, a flea market where you can find almost everything: Portuguese firemen T-shirts, clothes from African ex-colonnies, old magazines, records, books...
It's very close to Alfama quarter, which is a must in any visit to Lisboa. You'll have a good time and there are a couple of monuments at walking distance: San Vicente de Fora and the Panteon Nacional.
What to buy: Los martes y sábados vale la pena visitar la Feira da Ladra, un mercadillo done se puede encontrar casi de todo: camisetas de los Bombeiros voluntarios portugueses, ropas procedentes de las ex-colonias africanas, revistas viejas, libros, discos...
Esta muy cerca del barrio de Alfama, que es una visitas obligadas por Lisboa. Puedes pasar un buen rato y hay un par de monumentos en las inmediaciones: San Vicente de Fora y el Panteón Nacional.
What to pay: Cheap
This domed market across from the Cais do Sodre train and metro station is jam packed with wiggling fresh fish and blooming flowers. If you're in the mood for some fresh fruits, the selection is also great.
4 Reviews and 294 Opinions The Ritz lives up to its name as one of Lisbon’s finest hotels offering fabulous views of the city....
Lapa Palace Lisbon
4 Reviews and 253 Opinions Great weekend. Best hotel in Lisbon for gardens and outside pool 5* and so not cheap. Excellent...
Britania Hotel Lisbon
2 Reviews and 775 Opinions Hotel Britania is a very quiet and intimate hotel, while it is only one block away from the Avenida...