Know about this? Rate It!
Quinta da Regaleira.
This estate was built between 1904 and 1910. It was designed by an Italian architect; Luigi Manini for a wealthy Brazilian merchant; Antònio Augusto Carvalho Monteiro. Here you can visit a palace, built in neo-Manueline style, a chapel and a very beautiful garden with fountains, grottoes, turrets and a lake.
Quinta da Regaleira is located about one km from Sintra Vila.
- Castles and Palaces
- Museum Visits
Amazing and luxurious gardens can be seen if you just take a look at people's gardens. You can notice some ducks on the picture. Vegetation in very rich in the area. This garden is located in front of Quinta da Regaleira.
The Quinta da Regaleira (or Regaleira) is located near the centre of Sintra and it's formed by a Palace, a Chapel and gardens with grottos, wells and subterranean areas, built from the end of the 19th century to the eve of the republican revolution in 1910, by a very rich Portuguese man of Brazilian birth, António Augusto Carvalho Monteiro and his architect, the Italian Luigi Manini.
Open: Jan/Nov/Dec 10.00-17.30. Feb-May/Oct 10.00-18.30. Jun-Sep 10.00-20.00
Free: Auto-guide with a map - any time during opening hours
Guded Tours: General: 11.00/12.30/14.30/16.00. Thematic: Min. 8 pers, max 30 pers.
Special: Min. 16 pers, max 30 pers.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
Sintra Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Jamaica Off The Beaten Path
- Nashville Off The Beaten Path
- Arizona Off The Beaten Path
- Charleston Off The Beaten Path
- Crete Island Off The Beaten Path
- San Francisco Off The Beaten Path
- New York City Off The Beaten Path
- Quebec Off The Beaten Path
- Salt Lake City Off The Beaten Path
- Lexington Off The Beaten Path
- Chattanooga Off The Beaten Path
- Ottawa Off The Beaten Path