Portalegre Restaurants

Best Rated Restaurants in Portalegre

• hojasdehierba's Profile Photo

Restaurante Santos: "Bacalhau" and a lot more

by hojasdehierba Written Nov 16, 2005

Eating in Portugal is always a pleasure for me: I love their hundreds of ways of cooking the "bacalhau" (cod), their desserts and I love "salsa" (a kind of spice that Portuguese people use frequently). This restaurant in Portalegre offers a delicious "Bacalhau a Gomes de Saa" (minced cod with fried chopped onions, potatoes and boiled eggs), but they also have a very good standard with meats. Prices are not expensive and you can even ask for half portions of many dishes.

Favorite Dish: Comer en Portugal es siempre un placer para mi: me gustan los centenares de formas de cocinar el "bacalhau" (bacalao), sus postres y me gusta la "salsa" (un tipo de especia que los portugueses usan con frecuencia). Este restaurante en Portalegre ofrece un delicioso "Bacalhau a Gomes de Saa" (bacalao troceado con cebolla frita, patatas y huevos hervidos, todo ello salteado junto), pero tambien tienen un muy buen nivel en las carnes. Los precios no son caros e incluso puedes pedir medias raciones de muchos platos.

• Wine Tasting

• brancolini's Profile Photo

Solar do Forcado: Past & present

by brancolini Written Feb 25, 2008

In this restaurant, inspired in the tradition of bullfighting and horse riding, you find local dishes re-interpreted in a contemporary fashion. The food and wine selection are excellent.

Favorite Dish: Espetadas de Touro Bravo - Wild Bull Skewers

• Wine Tasting

• solopes's Profile Photo

O Cobre: Quality and sympathy

by solopes Updated Dec 18, 2013
    Portalegre - Portugal

A strange name in a discreet door in a quit street was the entrance to a simple restaurant, for my best experience in Portalegre. I went there by recommendation of some locals, and I'm thankful to them. All the staff was extremely nice, and the food a success. We wanted "Sopa de Cação" which was not in the menu, but the waiter called the cooker, and she said that she could do it for us. And she did it, with perfection.

While we were eating, my wife saw a small plate passing with something looking like "pataniscas". Asking the waiter, he answered that it was something different ("peixinhos da horta"), but... "please don't ask for it, because they were the last". My wife told him not to worry, because dinner was good, and "pataniscas" would only be an additional caprice, nothing more.

A few minutes later, another small dish came to our table, with six "pataniscas just fried for you".
    They were divine, and (I checked) they didn't put it in the bill.

Dessert was good, wine was good, price was... good. What else could we desire?

Instant Answers: Portalegre

Comments

Portalegre Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Portalegre restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Portalegre sightseeing.