Fátima Restaurants

Delicious cod with a shrimp sauce
    by asaldan
    Day's specials for 13 Oct 2011.
    by jmtwy
  • Restaurants
    by gepasci

Most Recent Restaurants in Fátima

• solopes's Profile Photo

Tia Alice: My Shame

by solopes Updated Dec 16, 2012

Fatima - Portugal

Everybody! Yes.. it's really everybody! Everybody tells me that this is one of the best restaurants in Portugal. I live 50 km away, and... (do you believe it?) never managed to go there. Fernanda's day off is on Monday (it's closed on Sunday for dinner and all Monday) and when we get some extra time, we try to go further, so... it is too close, and doesn't come to our minds. Shame... shame... shame!

Be witness of my promise: I will not walk to Fatima, but I will, soon, take the imperious decision - to drive to Tia Alice.

Four years later my shame remains. However, remember tha Fatima is the lando of promises, so, I will keep promising, that, soon, I will write about my visit.

• A Tasquinha Fatima, Portugal: EXCELLENT WONDERFUL FOOD

by gepasci Written Oct 24, 2012

I can only recommend to eat at A Tasquinha in Fatima. The food is excellent and typic. They serve 3 meals a day for 8 Euro (including soup). Wine costs 3 Euro for half a litre. You can equally choose from their card. The waiters are so friendly and help you to find YOUR meal for today. One speaks excellent French and also English. So no communication problems.
    Normally only locals are going there as the restaurant is in a basement. So if you like local atmosphere, excellent food and a reasonable price, A Tasquinha is where to go.
    A Tasquinha is 2 minutes from the cathedral. Just sort from the Nothern exit and go streight ahead. Don't let you turn of by the basement character. The food will make up for this. During our Portuguese trip we loved A Tasquinha most of all restaurants we were in.
    So just go there and make a present to yourself!

Favorite Dish: Wonderful: the duck in orange sauce.
    A normal dish is for 2 persons. For most dishes they also serve 1/2 a plate - or a children's plate at 6 Euro.

• A Tasquina.: Superb food, excellent service and not expensive!

by jmtwy Written Oct 20, 2011
    Day's specials for 13 Oct 2011.

A Tasquina is situated in a basement - though you would not know it when you are there. Easier to keep cool in the summer. The food is really excellent and not expensive. The restaurant is located about 250m due north of the Basilica.

We have now been many times in the past 4 years and are amazed at the quality and price.

The food is Portuguese. I am attaching a photo of the menu on 13 October 2011. These are the specials for the day (it is one of the busiest days in the year in Fatima). A 1/2dose is enough for one, a dose enough for 2. The main menu is extensive with fish and meat.

If you Google 'A Tasquina Fatima' you will see some photos. The tables are in rows and at busy times you may have to sit next to other diners. This is a plus factor! They may have worked in Canada or France and will be pleased to talk to you and suggest things to see and places to go.

Favorite Dish: My wife adores the lamb cutlets and has them every time! I like the lombo de porco or the bifinas de Peru (Turkey). The salami and creamy spread that they bring when you are waiting for your meal are also delicious. You have to pay but not much. In Portugal you pay for bread, butter and olives too but this is usually only pennies.

• Religious Travel

• in Fatima, Restaurant Santa Rita: Remenber

by comerparaviver Written Jan 20, 2010

With management Azores, the Santa Rita restaurant caters well prepared and generously served, as you can prove when we visit.

With quality and affordable, the pilgrim to Fatima here eat only homemade food, which is best in our food.

We have a good wine (including wine without alcohol), with a varied menu to be enjoyed in a single room to feel at home in a family atmosphere, relaxed and simple.

Favorite Dish: Cod fish. Divinus!

• Seniors
    • Religious Travel

• tigerjapan's Profile Photo

Boa Sorte: Decent Asian

by tigerjapan Written Jan 6, 2007

We found Portuguese food to be very meat and potato based. I craved vegetables (salad is more than lettuce and tomato next to slated cod or a lump of meat) and Take craved rice. We found eating Chinese (and Indian) to be good ways to break up the food for us. They were also usually cheap.

We saw this restaurant as we were on the bus out to Tomar. Later that night we were back in Fatima and looking for somewhere to eat. Many restaurants were closed (it was December 26th) or we weren't sold on their menus so we decided to go to Boa Sorte.

Our meal with drinks cost 12.65 Euro for two.

Favorite Dish: The beef with Broccoli was a decent choice.

• nhcram's Profile Photo

Cafe Ave Maria: Didn't waste my money!

by nhcram Updated Oct 19, 2006

Cafe Ave Maria

I really needed a drink but felt so disappointed in the whole place that I never bothered. If people are so religious why ridicule everything about it and try to make shed loads of money from it? This place was the last straw for me!

Favorite Dish: I never even went in here!

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

bus station cafe: where can I eat?

by call_me_rhia Written Mar 9, 2004

myyummy sandwich

Basically you can eat anywhere and anything in fatima, except inside the sanctuary. IF you're only staying for a few ours and have no time for a real meal, I suggest the cafe at the bus station: they have plenty of sandwiches and pastries

Favorite Dish: this delicious sandwich filled with a potato something... delicious!

• A Tasquinha: Great Portuguese food

by asaldan Updated Jan 1, 2013
    Delicious cod with a shrimp sauce

The food was wonderful, I had the tourist menu. The staff was nice too. Highly recommended!

Favorite Dish: See the picture of the cod with shrimp sauce. The Caldo Verde soup was fabulous too.

Instant Answers: Fátima

Comments

Fátima Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Fátima restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Fátima sightseeing.