Caparica Travel Guide

Caparica Things to Do

by solopes Updated Jan 1, 2014

In the cliffs overlooking "Costa da Caparica" beach, with great sights, there's a convent dating from the 16th century, now used by the municipality to cultural and social events.

Restored in 1952, it received a carved altarpiece and new tiles representing St. Anthony's sermons.

It has a small but nice and refreshing garden.

Caparica - Portugal Caparica - Portugal Caparica - Portugal Caparica - Portugal Caparica - Portugal
    • Architecture

Caparica Restaurants

by solopes Written Jul 3, 2014

I rarely go to Caparica - It's the best beach for people living in Lisbon, which means traffic jams in all the good days, and not many attractions in the other. Being so, I don't remember eating in Caparica in the last 300 years or so, but I knew, through my friends in Lisbon, that, knowing where to search, it's possible to have there very good experiences.
    That happened to me, when visiting my grandson, in the beach with the other part of his family, I was taken inland, to the unknown Charneca da Caparica and to this restaurant.
    It was full, and, that, about 10 kms from the beach, was already a good sign. After a little time waiting we sat for a remarkable lunch.
    It will be difficult to me to try a second restaurant in Charneca da Caparica in the next 300 years.

PS - "The other part of the family" didn't allow me to see the bill, but I got the idea that it was very reasonable too.

Favorite Dish: We tasted several dishes, and it was hard to choose a favorite.

Oh Carlos - Charneca da Caparica Oh Carlos - Charneca da Caparica Oh Carlos - Charneca da Caparica Oh Carlos - Charneca da Caparica

Caparica Off The Beaten Path

by solopes Updated Jan 1, 2014

It is not an outstanding destination, nor a must see, but, if you need a brake in a sunny day on the beach, why not a small detour to this convent?

We were there with rain, and wished to go back under a bright sun, when the sights will be different, of course, and, inside, with any kind of weather, maybe you'll find an interesting exhibition, as we did.

Well, we were invited to the opening...

Instant Answers: Caparica

Comments

Caparica Travel Guide
Map of Caparica