This was the old Town Hall dating back from the 16th century and located inside the castle. In front of the building is the pelourinho and contains a couple interesting coat-of-arms in baroque style
Founded by King D. Dinis this castle dates back from the 14th century. It lies on a small hill that rises next to the river Minho thus overlooking the town and passages between Vila Nova de Cerveira and Galicia. The castle still preserves the old wall shield as well as some gates.
Inside the walls it's possible to find the old Town Hall, the old Court, the pelourinho (pillory), old barracks and warehouses.
This chapel stands on top of the mountain near the famous metallic Cervo (Stag) and has a great view over the river Minho valley
This fortress was built in the 17th century in a strategic area for defense manouvers on the left bank of the river Minho during the Restoration War (1640-1668)
The Manor House of the Castros Family is a remarkable 18th century structure and it's one of the most important buildings of the town. Currently it houses the Municipal Library.
Inside the Castle, adapted to a Pousada (Inn) we can find this church dating back from the 17th century.
This symbol of municipal jurisdiction is located inside the castle in front of the old Paços do Concelho (Town Hall). It dates back from the 16th century.
This chapel is at the same time the main entrance to the castle and establishes the connection with the modern village. The chapel was built more recently than the castle.
The church, built in the 18th century, is dedicated to São Cipriano, the patron Saint of Vila Nova de Cerveira.