Câmara de Lobos Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Câmara de Lobos

• yumyum's Profile Photo

Pande Monium: Snack Bar Pande Monium

by yumyum Written Mar 18, 2013

As we visited in March, we had a bit of difficulty to find some place to eat that served fish. All the places by the small harbour seemd to be fast food ones. We initially sat down by one but they didn't have want we wanted plus the pigeons on the neighboring table were impossible. On the road from the harbour to the church we found the Snack Bar Pande Monium.

We sat outside and had the dishes of the day, which was Tuna Steak for my mom and beef on a skewer for me. I must say the food was nothing special at all. My mom was actually convinced that her tuna steak was meat as it tasted that way. My beef skewer had a very strange taste. All the rest on the plate was quite ok.

The dish of day cost Euro 5.45 each in March 2013, hot tea Euro 1.40 each and a soft drink called Brisa Maracuja also cost Euro 1.40.

• solopes's Profile Photo

O Lagar: Big and good

by solopes Updated Oct 8, 2012
    C��mara de Lobos - Madeira

In my first visit to Madeira we had an offered dinner in this restaurant. It was great - the food, the ambiance, the show.

I just don't know if it was a common night or just a special program for us.

Favorite Dish: Grilled meet with laurel

• juzz's Profile Photo

Vila do Peixe: Personally, not a good experience

by juzz Written Sep 15, 2009

We saw this restaurant arriving in Camara do Lobos and we decided to try.
    It's a very nice restaurant inside, but in my opinion it's a bit too expensive for its standards:
    - One grilled fish (Garoupa) was 25 €
    - When the waiter opened the wine bottle he didn't check if the cork smelled wrong even though it had a very bad look
    - the waiter, while serving us, spoke with his collegue in portoguese, smiling and pointing us with eys (I didn't find this very pleasant)
    - The fish was not well cooked and almost tasteless

Restaurante Vila do Peixe: The One We Missed

by Don12 Written Apr 9, 2007

We intended to try this Fish restaurant, but didn't manage to get there this holiday. HPB ran a trip down there and back on one of the evenings. We heard from our fellow holiday chums that it is of good quality and you choose your own fresh fish and pay by weight. They then cook it for you. Next time maybe.

Favorite Dish: To be revealed on a future visit!

• Don12's Profile Photo

Churchill's Restaurant: Agressive Sales Pitch!

by Don12 Updated Apr 9, 2007

Restaurante CHURCHILL

We were not impressed as they seemed almost to press gang us into having something from their fish selections. At one point we had their fish trolley wheeled in front of us and the manager and two waiting staff all trying extraordinarily hard to foist something on us from the trolley. We didn't succumb and went for steak instead. We felt we had paid top price for poor service and average food, and we wouldn't return

Favorite Dish: As far as it went, my steak was ok

• Don12's Profile Photo

Restaurante Miradouro: Fantastic Panorama over Funchal while you eat!

by Don12 Written Apr 5, 2007

Romantic dinners with evening lights of Funchal

The Miradouro, as it's name implies, enjoys great panoramic views from windows and terrace down to Funchal. It is situated high up on the cliffs close to Cabo Girao. Service is very friendly and efficient. The food was good value although we wouldn't rush back to this restaurant when there are so many others to try. Definitely worth a visit though for the views alone.

Favorite Dish: Like many Madeiran restaurants they do all the beef and fish specialities. I tried 'Steak a Miradouro' which was quite nice with a chilled bottle of Casa Garcia (Vinho Verde)

• salinhopt's Profile Photo

No name: Espetada

by salinhopt Updated Oct 3, 2003

Camara de Lobos - Espetadas

Of course there are many good restaurants in Camara de Lobos but if you want to act like a Camara de Lobos local just do as they do. Pick a laural tree branch and cook your own meat. It's called "Espetada" :)))
    Cheap and tasty!

Instant Answers: Câmara de Lobos

Comments

Câmara de Lobos Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Câmara de Lobos restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Câmara de Lobos sightseeing.

View all Câmara de Lobos hotels