Curral das Freiras Restaurants

• sandysmith's Profile Photo

Snack Bar Nun's Valley: Chestnut Cake

by sandysmith Updated Nov 10, 2003

coffee and cake

Favorite Dish: We tried the chestnut cake and whilst Ok I found it a bit dry - could have done with some cream! The portions where quite large and the best option would be to have two half portions - one of madeira cake and the other chestnut. - that seemed quite a popular choice. On the way out I sampled some of the local liquers made here:
    Chestnut - not quite to my liking
    Cherry - sweet but not as sweet as in the UK
    Caramel - now that was really smooth and yummy, be delicious with ice-cream. I was happy to bring a bottle of that home with me ;-)

• myriam_c's Profile Photo

Nun's Valley: Nun's Valley

by myriam_c Updated Apr 29, 2003

Chestnut soup

A local restaurant where you can eat a complete sweet chestnut menu. The area is full of chestnut trees, that's why chestnut is on the menu of the few restaurants. From starter over main course to dessert: sweet chestnut it is!

Favorite Dish: We had chestnut soup. My husband had chestnut salad afterwards (I'd had the chestnuts already) and chestnut cake for dessert.
    We finished with 'castanha', chestnut liqueur!

• Hiking and Walking

• sandysmith's Profile Photo

Snack Bar Nun's Valley: Snack Bar

by sandysmith Written Nov 4, 2003

snack bar

The village has many cafe and snack bars where you can sample various chestnut products - this is just one of them. It had a nice ope air terrace where you could sit and enjoy the view.

Instant Answers: Curral das Freiras

Comments

Curral das Freiras Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Curral das Freiras restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Curral das Freiras sightseeing.

View all Curral das Freiras hotels