The island is small, however you can practice a lot of sports.
1. Cycling - There's not much traffic and the vehicules you see they always go very slow. As Porto Santo does not have many hills, cycling is a very popular way to explore the island. Pedalling pleasantly and gently along, effortlessly discover this island.
2. Swimming - The water at sea is warm all the year around and the sea is very calm in the bay... unless the wind is from southerly quadrants which is very very rare
3. Running - Its possible to run on the sand (the beach is 9Km long) or on the side of the road
Plus the weather is nice all the year around
In July there's the Portuguese Beach Voleyball tournament. A great event that you should not miss when visiting the island. You can also use the nets all year round for free.
Equipment: Only the ball! :)
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
- Plenty of choices
- Agoda.com Save up to 75%, Don't miss! Live support, Instant confirmation.