São Roque do Pico Travel Guide

Statue of a whale hunter.
    by cachaseiro
    Clube Naval in Sao Roque.
    by cachaseiro
    Clube Naval in Sao Roque.

São Roque do Pico Restaurants

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo

by cachaseiro Written Apr 30, 2014

Clube Naval is right down by the harbour in Sao Roque and an excellent place to hang out if you are waiting for the ferry or if you are just looking for a nice place.
    I spend a couple of hours there when I was in Sao Roque as I was waiting for the ferry and was treated very well by the freindly folks behind the bar.
    I had a few drinks and some snacks and used their free wifi and really enjoyed the friendly atmosphere at the place.

And it has to be the only sailing club I have ever been to in the world where I could have a pint of beer for €1,80.

Clube Naval in Sao Roque. Clube Naval in Sao Roque.

• xicomelo's Profile Photo

by xicomelo Written Feb 2, 2005

Here you can find good portuguese food. The first time I went there, people were really friendly with me. The second time, there was a bad woman!!! :-) I only recomend this place for lunch, when you may find the best food. On dinner you have only a few choices.

I paid 12,50€ for 2 people.

• São Roque do Pico Hotels

0 Hotels in São Roque do Pico

São Roque do Pico Transportation

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo

by cachaseiro Written May 2, 2014

Most people who come to Sao Roque as tourists do so because they are taking the ferry to the nearby island of Sao Jorge.
    The ferry leaves a couple of times per day from Sao Roque but make sure you know the times it leave in advance as it's only once a day on certain days.
    The little ferry is actually really nice and even if I took one time when it was extremely windy with waves crashing in the harbout, the little ferry was steady as a rock all the way to Sao Jorge.
    you can buy tickets at the ticket office by the harbour and there is no urgent need to reserve in advance as this is a ferry that carries few people as few people live on Sao Jorge.
    The ride across to Sao Jorge takes around 50 minutes.
    Timetables for the ferry are listed on the link beneath.

The ferry between Sao Roque and Sao Jorge.

Instant Answers: São Roque do Pico

Comments

São Roque do Pico Travel Guide
Map of São Roque do Pico