1. Church of São Miguel - This church dates from the 15th century;
2. Church of Santo André - Part of the old Convent of St. Andrew which was founded in 1567, this is a great example of the religious architecture of São Miguel;
3. São Francisco Convent - Built in the 16th century and remodelled and expanded on the 18th, this is the second Franciscan monastery to exist in Vila Franca do Campo because the first one was destroyed by the earthquake in 1522;
4. Church of São Pedro - built in the 18th century over a Gothic chapel, this church has a notable Baroque façade with a 16th century statue of St. Peter in stone, from Ançã in Portugal;
5. Vila Franca do Campo Museum;
6. The islet.
Mother church from the 15th century. Magnificent high altar and bell tower with the oldest ornamental bell of the island.
Located on a peak with the same name (beautiful panorama over Vila Franca) it is a Marian sanctuary.
This festivity takes places on June 23th and 24th, and is the most important of the Island dedicated to this saint.
The Vila Franca islet is a protected natural reserve where you can find a natural swimming pool.
From June to Septembre there is a connection by a small boat from Vila Franca port. The trip is about 15 minutes.