Serra da Estrela Restaurants

What was inside the iron pot
    by berenices

• berenices's Profile Photo

O Ferrinho: Excellent regional cuisine

by berenices Updated Apr 8, 2010

The main dishes and side vegetables

Before coming to Guarda, I looked up places which offered typical regional cuisine. This restaurant was frequently mentioned, so I looked forward to trying what they had -- and I was not disappointed! For our main dish, I had grilled trout with bacon filling, and my husband had wild boar meat (cooked in its own blood, with spices) which was served in a nice iron pot and which was plenty enough for 2 people. Both dishes were excellent! Their house wine (vinho da casa) was very good, as well as the dessert. I wish though that they had put out some nice cheese for starters, considering that this is region is famous for its cheese, but just the same I enjoyed very much the bread. The restaurant had a good number of people, more than I would expect on a Tuesday lunch, and I imagine it can get easily full on weekends. The location is perfect, just a few steps from the main square in the historic center (where the Sé or the Cathedral is). As for price, considering quality, ambience, location, service, it was much cheaper than I expected -- for what we had, we paid only 25 euros (including the bottle of wine and the coffee afterwards). Would definitely eat there again, and recommend to friends. The menu is in several languages, so foreign visitors wouldn't have much of a problem.

• xicomelo's Profile Photo

Flor de Lis: Big home-made pizzas!

by xicomelo Written Jul 16, 2005

The pizza!

Really nice food! It's home made and you can see the cook do his job :-) You choose all the ingredients you like. Pizzas are unique size (large). A pizza is for two people. It's really cheap. A pizza costs about 7-8 EUR. With drinks and coffe, 4-5 EUR per person.

• quartinb's Profile Photo

o borges: the best restaurant in the world

by quartinb Updated Oct 12, 2004

__________________________________________________

once at Seia yu should ask for this restaurant. don' t remember eating so good in my life. still drulling when i try to remenberlol.
    i garantee. an amazing experience and a beautyfull somehow spanyard ambience. with a good company, an unforgivable evening.
    ____________________________________________

• Skiing and Boarding

• ncfg's Profile Photo

The best restaurant for sure!

by ncfg Updated Apr 27, 2004

As i say before i had visited Fogosinho just because of the restaurant O Albertinho. All the people who visit Serra da Estrela goes there and I wondered why.
    Well when we finally reach Folgosinho, a small village (hard to find!), we saw that were cars all over the place. We drive around and we could find a place to park the car.
    Then we went to the restaurant. I must advice you that you must call the restaurant before go there, because if you don’t , you will have to wait and wait. There were so many people, but we didn’t have to wait long because we made our reservation before.
    We entered and we had the perfect lunch:
    Cabrito assado (Roasted kid baked)
    Leitão (roast sucking pig),
    Vitela (heifer),
    Javali (wild boar)
    Rabbit (coelho), wine,
    and for desert, arroz doce (sweet rice ), sheep cheese and coffee.
    Did I forget something???

After all this we pay ONLY 10,50 Euros / person, do you believe it?
    All was very very good.

Favorite Dish: you eat all this and you pay always the same

• ncfg's Profile Photo

Inatel Restaurant

by ncfg Updated Mar 20, 2004

At the Inatel of Serra da Estrela I had just the breakfast and just one meal.
    It was on Monday night, the Carnival night, we decided to dinner there because it had a special traditional meal and then a carnival hotel animation.
    We had dome traditional dishes such as “Trutas de escabeche” (I didn’t like because it is cold fish, but some people do appreciate).

• IneXisTenZ's Profile Photo

Museu do pão: A great museum with a great restaurant

by IneXisTenZ Updated May 28, 2003

This restaurant is excellent, with a museum of bread included on him... you can eat all you want and then take a coffee and enjoy the view in the bar...

Favorite Dish: All dishes are good!!!

Instant Answers: Serra da Estrela

Comments

Serra da Estrela Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Serra da Estrela restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Serra da Estrela sightseeing.

View all Serra da Estrela hotels