Budva Warnings and Dangers

• xaver's Profile Photo

Croatian paranoia

by xaver Written Oct 31, 2013

Budva port

Croatian guide seemed very paranoid about thiefes in Montenegro. I said this because our guide before letting us go out of the bus reccomended several times to take care of our belongings and never leave them on a table or on a chair without being able to look at them.
    Seing how quiet and rich Budva looked like I must think those worries were not justified.
    When I got back home, I got told similar stories by friends that visited both Croatia and Montenegro, so I had my suspects confirmed.

• Luxury Travel

• 2 things to watch out

by 15Tatjana Written Apr 7, 2013

I have been living in Budva for 18 years and I am gonna be objective now. Ok so first thing you should know is that this town is danger free. Here everybody knows everybody, so don't expect from locals to try anything. It is completly violent free, well unless you are looking for trouble (attacking, insulting etc..). So there are only two things that can happen to you and those are theft and car accident. As I said locals won't steal from you but there are people who come here just to do so, I have seen that a couple of times. Thieves will not hurt you, they will steal while you are not looking (like while you are in the water to and to prevent that just have one of your friendss to stay on shore or don't bring anything valuable to the beach). So far I have only seen gipsies do that. And for car accidents just cross the street when cars stop to let you through.

• Gili_S's Profile Photo

Very safe

by Gili_S Written Apr 25, 2011

In the few days in this town I haven’t notice any incident or any case that I can warn about.
    The city feels really safe and trouble free as you do not even see the presence of the police or any security around, so I guess that are not really needed (yet)

• Zvrlj's Profile Photo

WARNING: Avoid Autosaobracaj Company (I&V)

by Zvrlj Updated Jan 9, 2010

Avoid buses with that logo!!!

If you see the sign of Autosaobracaj Kragujevac, try to avoid that bus. There are chances to travel normally, but you can hear a proposal from bus-driver to stand for 10 hours as there are no place to seat down, and the fact that you have reservation for the seat, payed two days in advance, may not help, as they have sold the same reservations to the others. But they care to protect their customers from kittens, so your kitten will not be allowed to enter Autosaobracaj bus.

So, if you want to be sure to have seat in the bus or if you travel with pet, no matter how small it is – avoid Autosaobracaj Kragujevac.

You can read at the Autosaobracaj web presentation: "In our business philosophy, the word 'friend' dominates – it refers to all employees, to all business partners and to all our passengers… Therefore, our motto is JOURNEY WITH THE FRIEND!" – what a hypocrisy!

• Travel with Pets

• Jeca011's Profile Photo

Overcrowded

by Jeca011 Written Jan 6, 2005

One problem with Budva is overcrowded during summer months. So my advice for you is to visit Budva in non season time – In May or after September 15th. Don't worry about weather – swimming season starts in May and last till November.

• karenincalifornia's Profile Photo

Don't drop your keys

by karenincalifornia Written Jan 3, 2005

On the wall at Budva, Montenegro

...Especially when you are walking around the wall over the sea. You'll never find anything that you drop over the edge.

Don't let that stop you from walking to the east side of the city of Budva along the 15th century battlements. You'll get beautiful views of the Adriatic Sea, the Montenegrin Coast, and the Budva Riviera.

• Hiking and Walking

Instant Answers: Budva

Comments

Budva Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Budva warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Budva sightseeing.