Kamenari Favorites

• My husband in front of family home in Kamenari
    My husband in front of family home in...
    by karenincalifornia
    Serbian and US cousins
    by karenincalifornia

Most Recent Favorites in Kamenari

• karenincalifornia's Profile Photo

Spending time with family

by karenincalifornia Updated Sep 18, 2009

Serbian and US cousins

Favorite thing: I asked my daughter what her favorite part of our summer 2004 vacation was. She told me that it was the time spent in Montenegro. She also loved the mountains and the water. When we left Montenegro, she said "I felt as if I had come home."

Fondest memory: In this picture are (front row, left to right): my husband Greg, Mina, Olga, Anna, my son Danny, my daughter Melanie. (Back row) Sanja's husband, Mico, Anna, Sanja, holding Milena.

• Beaches

• karenincalifornia's Profile Photo

18th century town

by karenincalifornia Updated Sep 18, 2009

My husband in front of family home in Kamenari

Favorite thing: Many of the buildings in Kamenari date back to the 18th century. Homes have been passed down from generation to generation, is one such building. My husband is standing in the backyard patio of the house in this picture.

Fondest memory: Houses like this one aren't passed down from generation to generation like they are in the United States. In Montenegro, laws are less certain concerning inheritance, wills and estates. Local zoning laws are nonexistent or not enforced. Houses themselves are subdivided over and over and it is not uncommon for different families to be owning different parts of the house, or for there to be uncertainty as to who owns which part of the house.

A court hearing was scheduled to determine which part of this house they owned. They showed up for their hearing while we were there only to discover that the prime minister of Montenegro had declared on the fly that the day was a national holiday and all the governmental workers had the day off!

• Beaches

Instant Answers: Kamenari

Comments

Kamenari Favorites

Reviews and photos of Kamenari favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Kamenari sightseeing.