The lake Garasi
10 km away from Aranđelovac is the accumulation Lake Garaši, Aranđelovac’s supply of water. The lake encompasses 65 ha, its deepest point is at 22 m, it has fish and it is the town’s favorite holiday place.
- Family Travel
- Spa and Resort
The park of Bukovicka spa
The most attractive part of Bukovicka spa is the Park. By its design and richness of flora it is among the most beautiful parks in Serbia.
It was arranged as European parks with geometrical structure, designated paths, and planted trees to preserve the natural look of the area. Mineral water springs (Djulara, Talpara, Pobeda …), baths and hotels (Staro zdanje, Sumadija) are located in the park.
- Theme Park Trips
- Family Travel
- Spa and Resort
"Staro Zdanje" (the Old Edifice) is the oldest preserved building in Bukovicka Banja Spa, a representative example of Serbian Romanticism architecture. Today it is a hotel and the symbol of Arandjelovac that appears in its coat of arms, prospectus leaflets and postcards.
Building of the edifice was initiated by Prince Mihailo Obrenoic in 1865. It was intended for the summer residence of the Obrenovic`s, as well as the edifice for accommodating Assembly meetings. The building was raised at the elevation in the north part of the park, facing the Mount of Bukulja. Its architect, Kosta Sreplovic, the Munich school of architecture graduate, landscaped the park area in front of the edifice as well. When the edifice was completed in 1872, the purpose of its use was changed due to altered political situation so that it became a spa edifice, probably the largest of the kind in Serbia of the time.
Bukovicka Banja Park, one of the most beautiful parks in our country, covers the area of over 25 ha. With its geometrical base configuration, it has far surpassed its original purpose of a spa promenade area admired for its harmony and abundance of vegetation. Starting from 1966, when the "White Marble" International Festival was initiated. Spa Park has obtained a unique collection of sculptures in its rich outdoor environment.
White marble is excavate from the Mount of Vencac, granite stone is exploited from Bukovik, and clay is dug out from several sites. Each day there is a rich supply of fresh fruit and vegetables from the surrounding fertile gardens, vineyards and orchards by which the surrounding villages are famous for. In that way, the town continues to live as before upon the gifts it receives from nature: water, marble and clay.
The Park in Bukovicka Banja Spa covers an area of 21.5 ha. The land for the park was bought as early as 1849 when the first paths were designated, trees planted, Talpara mineral water spring arranged and a bath building raised. Putting the park in order in the present-day meaning of the word began in 1856 when walking paths were cut through, tree lanes formed alongside the paths, loans and flower beds landscaped around wooden apartments built for visitors, and Djulara bath adjusted for spa purposes. In the seventies of XIX century, during the reign of Prince Mihailo Obrenovic, Bukovicka Banja Spa became one of the best landscaped balneo-tourist settlements that kept its rank of the best spa in Serbia till the beginning of the World War One.
The ancient/centennial beech forests, pleasing hills and meadows, bluish plum orchards and vineyards, represent the framework for the picture of this modern town containing all the characteristics of the contemporary urban way of living. The people of Arandjelovac will meet you with warmth and open hearts and invite you to come again. You will be enchanted by the virgin countryside landscapes surrounding the town, offering it yet another striking beauty frame with each season.
Staro zdanje (the "Old Edifice")
Construction of "Staro Zdanje" (Old Edifice), the symbol of the town of Arandjelovac (it's on coat of arms of town), had started by the middle of the nineteenth century by Prince Milos Obrenovic and continued by his son, Prince Mihailo. The edifice, first envisaged as the summer residence of the Obrenovics, was completed in 1872. Due to the changes in the political scene, the edifice soon became the spa resort building, probably the largest one in the Dukedom of Serbia of the time. It was built according to the design of architect Kosta Sreplovic, the pupil of the Munich School of architecture. The edifice combines and integrates the elements of the original Roman architecture with the motives of ornamental decoration.
Church of The Holy Apostles Peter and Paul
After nearly 150 years of pause (since the period of rule of Prince Milos Obrenovic), new church is built. It's dedicated to The Holy Apostles Peter and Paul. Church is 31m long, 20m wide and central dome is 25.5m high.
People from this region have always known the remedial faculties of mineral water from Bukovik. Prior to 1811, the famous Serbian educator Dositej Obradovic reinvigorated his health with this water. At the personal request of Prince Milos Obrenovic, the water from Bukovik was used as dining water at his court, transported there from the Spa plants.
There are plants - Talpara, Djulara, Knjaz Milos and Pobeda.
The remedial properties of the mineral water from Bukovik have been used for 3 continuous centuries for refreshment and healing. Today, the most up-to-date therapeutical methods, based on the curative features of local waters, clay and climate, are used in "Bukovicka Banja" Sanatorium in curing of the diseases of gastrointestinal and hepato-biliar systems, as well as the illnesses of the respiratory system and ailments and injuries of the locomotion system
"Knjaz Milos" Pavilion
In the first decade of XX century, manual bottling of mineral water in "Knjaz Milos" plant was initiated. The plant was situated above the spring of the same name. Today this plant is "Knjaz Milos" Pavilion. Pavilion is used for exhibiting the ceramic items created in the course of current season, within the "Marble and Sound" Festival. Works of both sculptors and artists in ceramics are exhibited here.
Exibiton of marble on open
Starting from 1966, when the "White Marble" International Festival was initiated, Park has obtained a unique collection of sculptures in its rich outdoor environment. Besides the sculpture symposium, the park also hosts complex cultural and artistic events in summer months, such as ballet, theatre and film achievements, and since 1973 the International "The World of Ceramics" Festival as well.
Park in Arandjelovac is one of the most beautiful parks in our country, covers the area of over 25 ha. With its geometrical base configuration, it has far surpassed its original purpose of a spa promenade area admired for its harmony and abundance of vegetation.
The Risovaca cave
The Cave of Risovaca (273m) is an archeological, palaeontological and spelaeological site. Spelaeological research was initiated in 1975. These teams have discovered large quantities of bones of animal origin from the Ice Age, as well as very interesting tools made from bones and stones. The remains of human bones were not found since the cave area has been used as stone query and had been destroyed with stone exploitation in the richest site layers. But the preserved artifacts made from stone and bone unquestionably prove that they had been made by prehistoric man of Neanderthal type, i.e. the Neanderthal hunter inhabiting Risovaca Cave.
The exhibited and stored items in the Town Museum comprise numerous items of archeological, ethnological, historical and fine art value as the testimonies of the material and spiritual culture which has developed and existed in these area of the Sumadija region