Fruska Gora Nacionalni Park Things to Do

  • RAVANICA Monastery-interior, Vrdnik, Serbia
    RAVANICA Monastery-interior, Vrdnik,...
    by prleprle
  • RAVANICA Monastery-bell tower, Vrdnik, Serbia
    RAVANICA Monastery-bell tower, Vrdnik,...
    by prleprle
  • RAVANICA Monastery-Vrdnik, Serbia
    RAVANICA Monastery-Vrdnik, Serbia
    by prleprle

Most Recent Things to Do in Fruska Gora Nacionalni Park

  • prleprle's Profile Photo

    GRGETEG Monastery-main entrance

    by prleprle Updated May 17, 2008

    3.5 out of 5 starsHelpfulness

    GRGETEG Monastery
    3 more images

    Monastery dosses are builded so close to the church building that’s almost impossible to make picture of the church alone. During WWII the monastery was severely damaged but it’s completely reconstructed.

    Related to:
    • Religious Travel
    • National/State Park
    • Architecture

    Was this review helpful?

  • prleprle's Profile Photo

    KRUSEDOL Monastery-church

    by prleprle Updated May 17, 2008

    3.5 out of 5 starsHelpfulness

    KRUSEDOL Monastery
    4 more images

    The church was wall painted at first in XVI century, but its inside was painted with new layer of paintings in XVIII. There are still visible both of that layers, sometimes on the same picture! Iconostasis was formed of the icons from different times, some of them are date from early XVI century. During the restoration works in 1962. a painting on the outside wall, on the top of the main door, “The Judgment Day” was discovered.

    Related to:
    • Architecture
    • National/State Park
    • Religious Travel

    Was this review helpful?

  • prleprle's Profile Photo

    KRUSEDOL Monastery/from the park

    by prleprle Updated May 17, 2008

    3.5 out of 5 starsHelpfulness

    3 more images

    If you want to see a bunch of American tourists then you should visit this monastery. Reason is simply… all turist agencies has this monastery in his programs of sightseeing and foreign tourist has chance to visit only this one (and maybe few more) of all monasteries on Fruska Gora.

    Related to:
    • Architecture
    • National/State Park
    • Religious Travel

    Was this review helpful?

  • prleprle's Profile Photo

    BEOCIN Monastery

    by prleprle Updated Nov 15, 2007

    2.5 out of 5 starsHelpfulness

    Beocin monastery-main door of the church, Serbia
    2 more images

    The iconostasis of the monastery church was made by Dimitrije Bacevic, Janko Halkozovic and Teodor Kracun, in the 1750s and 1760s Only one composition of the wall painting survived. It is was painted by wall painted by Janko Halkozovic in 1782. Simultaneously with the conruction of the church, the previous chapel was built and fitted with an iconostasis in 1739. The present chapel was built in 1905, according to the desing by Vladimir Nikolic.
    During World War II, the monastery was looted and all treasure were taken to Zagreb, while the buildings were left intact.

    Related to:
    • Religious Travel
    • Arts and Culture
    • Architecture

    Was this review helpful?

  • prleprle's Profile Photo

    BEOCIN Monastery

    by prleprle Updated Nov 15, 2007

    2.5 out of 5 starsHelpfulness

    Beocin monastery, Serbia
    3 more images

    The monastery church is dedicated to the Assumption of Christ. The time of founding is unknown. It is firtst mentioned in Turkish records dated 1566-67, when its church was a small single-nave building modeled under the influence of traditional architecture. The monastery was damaged and deserted in the Austro-Turkish Wars and restored in 1699, by the refugee monks from Raca, who also built a temporary wooden church was built from 1732 to 1740 and the bell-tower with a porch in front of the west facade was completed in 1762. The monks' quarters, built between 1728 and 1771, are located to the sourth and west of the church. An extensive reconstruction of the monastery complex was carried out in 1893, and some minor changes were made in 1921.

    Related to:
    • Religious Travel
    • National/State Park
    • Architecture

    Was this review helpful?

  • viddra's Profile Photo

    Stražilovo

    by viddra Written Jun 26, 2006

    2 out of 5 starsHelpfulness

    spomenik Branku

    Stražilovo is probably the largest and most famous picnic area here.

    This is also the place where a Serbian romantic poet and a famous student from Sremski Karlovci Grammar School, Branko Radičević, lies buried.

    Was this review helpful?

  • Prasnjavi's Profile Photo

    SREMSKI KARLOVCI, the city-museum

    by Prasnjavi Updated Jun 30, 2004

    2.5 out of 5 starsHelpfulness

    1 more image

    "Oh Karlovci, dear place of mine!
    I came here as no more than just a child;
    and children's game was all
    that was important;
    figs and honey were the only sweet I knew.
    Just a child - unfledged bird;
    A bird that came and felt like home..."

    Part of a poem by Branko Radicevic

    Was this review helpful?

  • Prasnjavi's Profile Photo

    Monastery KRUSEDOL, 1

    by Prasnjavi Updated Jun 30, 2004

    3.5 out of 5 starsHelpfulness

    The monastery Krusedol is a memorial of the last Serbian Duke Djordje Brankovic. It was built in 1516 and it was destroyed and renovated several times. Here were buried famous persons of Serbian history as are Arsenije III Carnojevic who leaded the great migration of Serbs from Kosovo in 1690, Arsenije IV Jovanovic (Sakabenta), voivode Stevan Supljikac, King Milan i Duchess Ljubica Obrenovic.

    Was this review helpful?

  • Prasnjavi's Profile Photo

    Monastery HOPOVO, 1

    by Prasnjavi Updated Jun 30, 2004

    3.5 out of 5 starsHelpfulness

    The Monastery of Novo Hopovo was built in 1576 and according to its history, it is a work of Srem's Brankovici. In the monastery stands out the fresco "Massacre of children in Betlehem" painted by the famous icon painter Teodor Kracun.

    Was this review helpful?

  • Prasnjavi's Profile Photo

    Monastery KRUSEDOL, 4

    by Prasnjavi Updated Jun 30, 2004

    3.5 out of 5 starsHelpfulness

    During Second World War the monastery wasn't damaged but most of it's treasury were stolen. During the restoration works in 1962 a wall painting The Judgement Day was discovered. The church is famous of the remains of many important Serbs like sacred members of Brankovic family (Angelina, Maksim, Stefan). They are being shown only during the most important religious festivals. Here are also remains of Patriarch Arsenije Carnojevic III, Metropolitan Isaia Djakovic, Patriarch Arsenije IV Jovanovic Sakabenta, Duke Djordje Brankovic, Duke Stefan Supljikac, Dutches Ljubica Obrenovic, King Milan Obrenovic.

    Was this review helpful?

  • Prasnjavi's Profile Photo

    Monastery DJIPSA, 1

    by Prasnjavi Updated Jun 30, 2004

    3.5 out of 5 starsHelpfulness

    Monastery with its church of Saint Nikola, was built at late 15th century by Despot (Duke) Jovan Brankovic. It is guessed that it was abandoned in 17th century, and during the early 18th century it is mentioned as an metoch of the Kuvezdin Monastery.

    Was this review helpful?

  • Prasnjavi's Profile Photo

    Monastery KUVEZDIN, 1

    by Prasnjavi Written Jun 30, 2004

    2.5 out of 5 starsHelpfulness

    Monastery was first mentioned in documents from 1566. The old church with two cubes was in 1816 replaced with the new one. Monastery doss were finished at 1810. Iconostasis was done by Pavle Simic in 1848.

    Was this review helpful?

  • Prasnjavi's Profile Photo

    Monastery DJIPSA, 2

    by Prasnjavi Written Jun 30, 2004

    3.5 out of 5 starsHelpfulness

    The old building of the church was renewed during 1744. The greatest changes on the church were made during 1762/64 when new chapel of St. Mary was built.
    Iconostasis of the renewed church was painted during 1753/54 by Teodor Stefanov Glogovac. Since the beginning of the World War One untill 1922 the monastery was abandoned, and later renewed.

    Was this review helpful?

  • Prasnjavi's Profile Photo

    Monastery KRUSEDOL, 3

    by Prasnjavi Written Jun 30, 2004

    2.5 out of 5 starsHelpfulness

    The church was wall painted at first in 16th century, but it's inside was painted with new layer of paintings in 18th century. Iconostasis was formed of the icons from different times, some of whom are date from early 16th century.

    Was this review helpful?

  • Prasnjavi's Profile Photo

    Monastery KRUSEDOL, 2

    by Prasnjavi Written Jun 30, 2004

    3.5 out of 5 starsHelpfulness

    Monastery, founded by Bishop Maxim (former Despot Djordje Brankovic) was respectable from it's beginning and is mentioned during the earliest turkish record in 1546. stated as one with appreciable estate and richest in the region. In second half of 14thand 17th century it was mentioned many times. After the final withdrawal of the Turks from Srem in 1716. monastery was damaged and the church burned. It was reconstructed in mid 17th century. The monastery doss was finished in 1753.

    Was this review helpful?

Instant Answers: Fruska Gora Nacionalni Park

Get an instant answer from local experts and frequent travelers

83 travelers online now

Comments

Fruska Gora Nacionalni Park Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Fruska Gora Nacionalni Park things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Fruska Gora Nacionalni Park sightseeing.

View all Fruska Gora Nacionalni Park hotels