Glozane Things to Do
The monastery is built by despot Stefan Lazarevic. The old name of the monastery is Bukovica, while today's name is after a salesman Miljko Tomic from Glozane. Miljko built a new church on the old foundation during Kocina krajna (1787). Church books were reproduced at the monastery, which was part of Resavska transcription-reproducing school in 1420's. Turks destroyed the monastery few times because it connected rebels on both sides of Morava, but it was rebuilt after each demolition.
During the First Serbian upraise, hieromonk Melentije reestablished the monastery for the second time and Karadjordje donated a bell. That bell was moved to Kragujevac in 1830 and was the first to ring in freed Serbia. The icons are Vizantine style painted on wood. Some icons are gold-plated.
It's operating and it's women's monastery. Monastery is dedicated to Presentation of the Holy Theotokos.
The monastery is located five kilometers South-East of Glozane on the bank of river Morava. It's dedicated to Saint Healers St. Kozma and St. Damjan (November 14th). The monastery is endowment of despot Stefan Lazarevic and directly served to transcription-constructive school of Resava. The style of the church belongs to moravska school. It was rebuilt and restored many times. It's operating and it's women's monastery.
Wooden iconostas is a real piece of art, while precious icons and frescoes are done by Zica iconographic school.Related to:
- Historical Travel
- Religious Travel
0 Hotels in Glozane
Glozane is about 10 km from Svilajnac. You can come by Bus to Svilajnac (by highway) and then take local bus to Glozane, or same by car.